Monday, October 15, 2007

They can't all be winners - two FOs

First FO, Wallaby the Third. This adorable thing just flew off the needles. It's my third wallaby, the first hooded. The first two wallabys went to the boy. I had a ton of Knitpicks Swish in Ballerina, so I whipped this one out.



Details:
Pattern: The Wonderful Wallaby, Cottage Creations
Size: Willie Wallaby (4)
Yarn: Knitpicks Swish, ballerina, >5 balls
Mods: Used seed stitch border instead of garter, used smaller needles than the pattern calls for (us7)

I knit at a smaller gauge, but long, so it perfectly fits a long skinny 2 year old.

Here's a closeup of the seed stitch:



I'm slightly less than thrilled with my second FO. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the pattern, I just screwed up royally with gauge. Seriously, this is the most unflattering garment ever knitted.

Here's a picture looking all innocent:



Put in on me and I go all George Costanza.

And it got even bigger after blocking. To compensate I tried to felt it a little in the dryer, but it only shrunk lengthwise, not width wise. So I look even squatter when wearing it. Last resort, I'm trying to re block it so it's not so big around. I'm hoping if I pull it out longer, it won't be so wide. Wish me luck.

Oh, here are the details:

Pattern: Juliet, by Zephyr Style
Yarn: Elann Peruvian Highland Chunky, 7 balls
Started: Oct. 10
Finished: Oct. 14

At least it was quick.

4 Comments:

Blogger Gina House said...

THANK GOODNESS you blogged about the Juliet. I almost bought the yarn today. I agree, the pattern is adorable, but if it doesn't look good on YOU, then I have no chance in hell. (though it does look very nice knitted up)

I love the Wallaby III. Can't wait to see it on the sweetie. I think your next Wallaby should be one for me. Pink sparkle angora with feathers on the ends and smelling like cotton candy. Are you up for the challenge? LOL!

4:56 PM  
Blogger Lapdog Creations said...

OMG - you friggin' finished Juliet in FOUR days??!! You're one bitchin' knitter! :) Let us know how it turns out after blocking - I got Lamb's Pride Cotton to do mine in...
LOVE the Wallaby!

5:37 PM  
Blogger yarnophiliac said...

What a bummer about Juliet! That yarn was so lovely. I really hope blocking can do the trick. I have some blue alpaca that I am considering for the project. I will say I did read a few posts of folks using wool instead of a more drapey yarn and it not working out as well.
The seedstitch was a great choice for the Wallaby -- love it!

8:07 PM  
Blogger Sonya said...

I wanna knit a Wallaby!
I love it, can't wait to see it on her.


Are you sure it looks bad??

11:18 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home