Monday, September 24, 2007

FO; Children of the Lir

I finally finished the Children of the Lir stole, and I really love it.



I have to admit though, I'm not thrilled with the color. It's just not one I would have chosen, but it matches the dress I'll be wearing.

It also blocked out longer than I expected, but that's probably a good thing.



Wings of the Swan:



Specs:
Pattern: Children of the Lir Stole from Traditional Knitted Lace Shawls by Martha Waterman
Yarn: Indiecita Alpaca Sport
Needle size: 10
Started: July 2007
Finished: September 2007
Modifications: I didn't knit from the middle out, but end-to-end.

I'll post the action shots after the wedding.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's gorgeous, Jackie! You did a wonderful job on it.

10:13 AM  
Blogger Lapdog Creations said...

Its gorgeous, and although not a color you might've choosen, but I know its going to be a great color on you!

12:44 PM  
Blogger Gigi said...

Pretty! Pretty!

3:23 PM  
Blogger Sonya said...

It looks beautiful!
Don't forget, you are not supposed to look better than the bride.

11:37 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

It's beautiful!

I love the color so when you're done with the wedding you can just send it my way. Okay?

7:06 AM  
Blogger Gina House said...

Truly beautiful, Jackie. I love the last picture of the sunlight streaming over you and the shawl. It's breathtaking!

2:54 PM  
Blogger Laurin said...

great pics, and a bee-yoo-tee-full shawl. it looks even better in person.

8:09 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home