Monday, July 23, 2007

Lace off, lace on

Montego Bay scarf, off.




Can I tell you how very much I love this scarf? I would have loved it if the yarn wasn't handspun by my very good friend Gina, but I love it so very much more because it is. The fiber itself is soft and pretty. I know the work that went into it's spinning and that adds so much to this scarf.

Details:
Montego Bay Scarf, Summer '07 Interweave Knits
Designed by Amy Singer
Yarn: The most beautiful handspun yarn I've ever seen, Endless Bliss by Sleepy Eyes in a Merino/Baby Alpaca blend with Angelina
Started: July 12
Finished: July 19
Fun, easy and fast.

Children of the Lir Stole, on.



This is not a difficult lace pattern, but I do need to pay very careful attention to what I'm doing. I've already made a few mistakes, but luckily the repeat is only 23 stitches long, and I can count. This is my first "big" lace project. Since it's done in sport weight yarn it's going sort of quickly. I need it finished for an October wedding, but I think I'm good on time. Speaking of wedding, here's the dress it's going with. I brought the fabric swatch to the TKGA show hoping to match it, and it does. Perfectly.



Thank you Mr. Miyagi.

5 Comments:

Blogger Lapdog Creations said...

Beautiful scarf... beautiful dress!

1:36 PM  
Blogger Lora said...

OO So pretty!! Bring the scarf Wednesday so I can touch it!

4:03 PM  
Blogger Sonya said...

I love that scarf! I bet is feels just like it looks.

11:29 PM  
Blogger Gigi said...

The scarf came out beautifully. You will, I'm sure, look smashing wearing it. =-D

I really like the color of the lace and it looks like a lovely pattern. Sigh. Knitted lace. The thing that most often tempts me to consider knitting...eventually.

7:23 AM  
Blogger Gina House said...

OH, Jackie!!! You look gorgeous in your dress!

And your scarf is amazing. Really amazing...and I'm so glad you liked the handspun!

Your lace is looking incredible....isn't it a fun pattern? We should have a silent lace get-together or something so we can all work on our lace...but without kiddies! LOL!

11:23 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home