Sunday, June 17, 2007

Monkeys and Ponies and Deer (oh my)



I've finished a pair of monkey socks - yay! I started a pair in a different yarn last fall and for some reason never got more than a couple of pattern repeats into it. I think it was the yarn because this time around, they flew off the needles. I started these socks during the Worldwide Knit in Public outing a week ago Saturday, and finished them on the way to the zoo this past Saturday. I love this yarn. I made them with Sereknity Sock Options yarn in the color "Rock Lobster". The variegation of the yarn is stunning. The pattern itself is so addictive, I've started a second pair already for my mother-in-law.



The ponies and deer were at the zoo, along with many many other animals. The pony ride was the highlight of the day for a certain little girl.



The Boy enjoyed the deer park the best, with the tame little things coming right up to you to eat corn from your hand:



He named this one "Spotty"



I liked the deer too.

6 Comments:

Blogger Lapdog Creations said...

What a cute spotty!
Love the socks!

1:32 PM  
Blogger yarnophiliac said...

What zoo is that? Lokks like my kids would love it. I can't get over how great those Monkey's are! Now I don't want to sell my last skein of Rock Lobster! AHHH!

3:14 PM  
Blogger Lora said...

OOOOOH Monkeys!!!!!!!!!!! I love them!!
The zoo looks like fun. Now you're making me feel bad because I haven't finished my socks and I started WAY before you, but I have knit a couple things inbetween (teacher towel, a beaded bracelet, a bib) So I guess that's my excuse. :)

3:28 PM  
Blogger Gigi said...

The socks are gorgeous! Way to go. It looks like fun was had by all at the zoo. I miss being little enough for pony rides...

5:09 PM  
Blogger yarnslinger said...

Jackie -

You seriouslu suck.

Knitting an ENTIRE pair of socks in one week is just unacceptable...though they are gorgeous...

love,
Melissa

10:38 PM  
Blogger Gina House said...

Beautiful socks, Jackie!! And I love that yarn!

Sounds like you had a great time at the zoo, too : )

10:27 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home