Tuesday, May 15, 2007

I got nothing



Well, almost nothing at the NH Sheep and Wool this past Saturday. I went there with the idea that I wouldn't buy any yarn unless it had a purpose. I was looking specifically for some lace weight for the Myrtle Leaf shawl and some non-girly sock yarn for the husband. I did manage to find a skein of sock yarn that I liked in greens, yellow, and a salmon pink (not girly), but they had only one. I did find a matching skein of just greens and had the idea that I could do heels and toes in the semi-solid, but the husband vetoed that one like I suspected he would.

I also got a new felted slipper pattern and some yarn to make a pair. I love felting.

The rest of the day was spent fondling yarn, laughing with friends, looking at cute animals, and just enjoying a sunny Saturday outside.





On Sunday my wonderful children took me out to lunch and we bought a new swing set for the kids. We've been shopping for one for a while. I can't wait til it's delivered!


Zoe is done, she's going through the second cycle now. I'm crossing my fingers she doesn't over felt.

5 Comments:

Blogger NH Knitting Mama said...

Can't wait to see how your projects come out using your new yarn!

4:48 PM  
Blogger Lapdog Creations said...

Looks like you had fun! Can't wait to see Zoe!

6:15 PM  
Blogger Gina House said...

That swingset should be so much fun!!! They're going to love it!

Dying to see Zoe and I hope you can bring it tonight to knitting.

Yes, your loot from Saturday was disgraceful....simply disgraceful....

LOL!

8:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That one alpaca looks like he's doing a giraffe imitation. They are the cutest animals!

Well, sounds like you get a new pair of socks now :)

10:46 AM  
Blogger Gina House said...

check my blog...you've been tagged!

12:50 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home