Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Whatcha Knittn?

Recently it dawned on me that I've not written any updates on my knitting since the completed Tote 'Em, which, by the way, I may end up keeping for myself. The birthday in question isn't until the end of next month, so we'll see. I currently have three projects going:

1. Cabin Fever Kid's Cable Pullover for the boy. I'm up to the underarms on this one. I had to run out this morning for a 40" size 6 addi so I could magic-loop the arms. I love this sweater but man, it is so boring. I'm working on this one pretty much exclusively just to be done with it. I think I'm past the major boring, the sleeves should only be minor boring, then I get to the fun stuff, yoke and steeks --yes, I'm going to steek it so I can make it a half-zip pullover. I was going to work the yoke back and forth, but I think if I steek it I can match the steek to the zipper and it'll fit better.



2. The Jacqueline Headband. I have still not finished knitting my namesake headband. I'm about halfway done with her. I need to have this as it is very much headband weather here this week. The yarn is so gorgeous, merino/ tencel that was dyed by the equally gorgeous Gina. Heather has the same yarn in different colorways here. That Blue Lagoon would make a gorgeous headband. Actually you could get two out of one skein, so one for you, one for a gift. The pattern is available for purchase on Gina's blog.



3. Last and least, a pair of socks for myself in Artyarns Supermerino. I thought that a worsted-weight pair of socks would be done in a day, two max. These have been sitting on my bedside table for three days. I love the colors and this yarn has been in my stash since last year's Sheep and Wool.




The pattern is Thuja from knitty, knit on smaller (size 5) needles for a woman's foot.

So, what're you working on?

6 Comments:

Blogger Gina House said...

The REAL question is....what am I NOT working on. I think the list would be shorter. LOL!

But, seriously, I'm working on:

- "ah-hem", which I can't say....
- the Lizard Ridge
- a hat for Ian's geocashing thingamabob
- Rockstar Scarf
- trying to finish the last argyle sock
- Tim's sweater
- Wavy Scarf

That's just SOME of the things I've knit a few rows on here and there. I'm trying to finish up at least three of the things by the end of the month...so I can start yet ANOTHER project...the lace-along Myrtle Lace Shawl with blogless Amanda and Mike..Mike? Yes...he's already bought the yarn and needles!

Is that long enough for ya? LOL!

3:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad to see you are working diligently on the sweater for the boy :) I can't wait to see how you make out with the steeks; have you done steeks before? I've been thinking about giving it a try, but have never thought about using it for a zippered yoke. What a great idea; especially for kids sweaters!

What am I working on? (I use the phrase "working on" loosely):


- squares for Betty. I've knit 2 and want to crochet a few. I especially want to crochet one in the pattern that my Nana used to use for afghans for all her kids, grandkids, and great-grandkids before she died. I think that will add some of the Nana love to the blanket :)
- a set of felted boxes from Mason Dixon Knitting for my sister for her birthday (I just made her a pair of socks, too, but she's turning 50 and I think that calls for more). I've finished one box and have 2 more to make; I'm hoping they will stack inside each other like the round ones I made recently.
- a Minnowknits sweater for my great-neice for Christmas. I've run into a problem with this, though. I have one sleeve and the collar left to do and I only have about 3 yards of yarn left. I bought this yarn about 3 years ago and thought I had plenty left! Hopefully, I'll find some more of the same color and the dye lot won't be too far off!
- leg warmers for Samm, which I haven't touched in over a month. She's none to happy about that. I told her I'd finish them for her for the summer :)
- Faina scarf for the knitalong with La. Haven't touched this in well over a month either. Must get going!

All this plus one UFO; a sweater I started last summer to go with one of my "Green" Gable tops (which isn't green at all). I have a problem with this too; I modified the lace pattern and have lost my notes so I think I'm going to frog and just follow the pattern as written (maybe).

I think that's it. Good thing you didn't ask for my "To Knit" list; there's not enough time in the day to write all that down :)

4:31 PM  
Blogger Lapdog Creations said...

I'm with Gina on the what am I not working on thing, lol. I just finished my cable footsies (to be blogged in about an hour) though! I'm still working on my alpaca shaped scarf, my mystic chunky alpaca scarf, my capelet in wisdoms wool... I'm sure there are other UFO's around... going to cast on one of Gina's headbands tonight!

4:43 PM  
Blogger Lora said...

OK Here's my list
Socks: horcrux socks in wildfoote
Lady Eleanor Stole
Lilihammer hat for Brent
beaded/knitted necklace/choker
I think that's everything right now.

4:58 PM  
Blogger NH Knitting Mama said...

I just finished posting the same kind of post on my blog. Great minds think alike.

I'm working on a felted bag, then I hope to make the Opera Scarf out of Sereknity.

You're projects look fun!

9:25 PM  
Blogger yarnophiliac said...

hmmm -- working on Poppy, MANY Norberta Dragons, still have Rachel's Debbie Bliss Sweater langishing in a dark corner, two pair of socks, jaywalkers on magic loop from AGES ago, handspun scarf for hubby that needs more yarn spun, and now I'm starting Wicked! Not to menion the multitude of yarn I just purchased for many more projects. Ahh, the life of a knitter.

7:02 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home