Friday, April 06, 2007

It's nice to have options

The Tote 'Em bag was finished Wednesday night at knitting, with the exception of the 6 24" lengths of i-cord for the handles. I so did not want to knit the i-cord, so decided to go and buy some braided leather at Jo Ann Fabrics. I had no luck, but did stumble upon the Embellish Knit! cord maker. Now, the package specifically states that it is for lightweight yarns only, and you should not use worsted weight yarn. I tried it anyway, and it worked beautifully. 20 minutes of figuring how this thing worked, and I went to town.

I went with the tri-color look:



The pre-felted bag:



The post-felted, but still drying bag:



And the completed bag:



Specs:
Pattern: Tote 'Em from the Fall '06 Knitters Magazine
For: Aunt's birthday gift
Yarn: Patons Merino in New Denim, Worn Denim, and Chestnut Brown -- 2 skeins main color, 1 each of secondary colors
Started: March 11, 2007
Finished: April 5, 2007

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

Blogger Lapdog Creations said...

LOVE the way the bag turned out. Those colors are beautiful! I need to find the pattern... can't remember if I got that issue or not.

10:07 AM  
Blogger AuntieAnn said...

I'm making this, too, and am planning to use the Embellish Knit! for the handles (although I bought suede handles at a LYS, but that was before I discovered Embellish Knit!). Mine has New Denim, one of your colors, but the others are Aran and Demin Marl. It's fun to see some others (I saw your comment on SleepyEyes and that's how I got here).

11:31 AM  
Blogger Sonya said...

Ok, I just love that bag. I am going to have to make it.

11:58 AM  
Blogger Gina House said...

WOWZA!!!! You are just so awesome....I LOVE the tricolor icord handle! I gotta get one of those icord thingies! Beautiful!

2:37 PM  
Blogger Lora said...

Those handles are awesome. Love the bag!

3:10 PM  
Blogger Gigi said...

Yipee! Congrats on finishing your lovely bag!

3:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a beautiful bag; I love your color combination!

4:08 PM  
Blogger yarnophiliac said...

oh man! that bag is AWESOME! I gave one of that embellish knit things a thought while knitting the i-cord for my booga bag -- I definately have to get one for the next time!

9:36 AM  
Blogger NH Knitting Mama said...

Oh, Wow, Jackie! That looks awesome... great job.

9:18 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home