Friday, March 23, 2007

Happiknits is...

Ah, the feeling of being done with 408 rows of garter stitch. (I previously referred to it as stockinette - I'm dumb like that) I've never been so happy to finish something in my life. I'm so glad that I did it before starting the second panel of the Tote 'Em bag. It's not hanging over my head.

I still have til the end of May to complete the bag so no rush. I have time to get The Boy a sweater done before summer. I've picked out both the pattern and the yarn.

Kid's Cable (#208) by Cabin Fever


I'll probably go with Brown Sheep's Cotton Fleece in barn red. I'm happy.

6 Comments:

Blogger Gina House said...

Ooh, I love that pattern, J! How come you always find the coolest stuff???

P.S. When will you be posting the pattern for the hat?

9:01 AM  
Blogger Lapdog Creations said...

Love that pattern... the boy will look fabulous in it!

9:37 AM  
Blogger NH Knitting Mama said...

Jackie, that is a great sweater you found for the boy. Can't wait to see it knit up.

It is great that you have the dreadful part of the tote 'm done, now you can just enjoy knitting the other side. Are you going to do the icord?

Thanks for the comment on my blog! I look forward to getting to talk to you more - hopefully tomorrow!

4:29 PM  
Blogger yarnophiliac said...

oooooo, that sweater will be gorgeous. Def. a good idea to do that gusset first, Left til last, if it were me, the bag would never get done! I've found I really like doing sweater sleeves first for the same reason.

5:30 PM  
Blogger Gigi said...

Love the sweater pattern! And barn red, perfect. I'm looking forward to watching this lovely develop!

8:47 AM  
Blogger Bea said...

Cute cute sweater pattern! I really need to knit baby Robby something! It's just hard to get motivated these days when he's growing so fast :)

9:57 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home