Monday, March 05, 2007

Wicked done!

Behold, the two-week sweater:



Closeup of neckline/sleeve:



Ubiquitous side view:



I've been wondering why people in this view often have their hand over their belly, it became apparent to me after trying to get this shot; there's nowhere to put your other hand. You can't just leave it at your side because that will obscure the sweater. I ended up sticking it in my back pocket, which made my belly kind of pooch out. Now I know.

Details:
Wicked Sweater, Zephrstyle.com
Size med, with 2" extra length
Started: February 17, 2007
Finished: March 3, 2007
Moda Dea Washable Wool color Raspberry - 4 skeins
US 7 32" knitpicks needles

I love this pattern, but there are a couple of things I'll do differently next time. First, I love the baby cable at the neck and arms, but the bottom is in seed stitch. The seed stitch was tedious. I'll do the bottom the same as the neck, and I think it'll lay better too. Seed stitch tends to be puffy. Puffy at the waistline is never a good thing. Also, I found the pocket to be too small to actually be useful. I'd make the pocket longer as well.

Last picture for Gina, who asked, "when you raise your arm, does the pit show?"


Nope.

Labels:

9 Comments:

Blogger Gina House said...

God, Jackie, you are so sexy!!!

Your pictures should be in some fancy knitting pattern magazine...you rock!

Excellent pit pic, too.

Can't WAIT to make mine! Maybe I should wait for the laceweight long sleeve (for next winter) and make me a short sleeve cotton blend, too. Yes, I am a copycat!

I love the first pic of you....do I hear America's Top Model calling! LOL!

1:40 PM  
Blogger Lora said...

Honey first of all I'd take that so called pooch any day over what I have!! haha!
Jackie you look FABULOUS!! I bet you'll wear that sweater every day!! I sure would!! Now you're making me want to start one! I saw a beautiful Brown Moda Dea that I may try!!!
You're so purdy!!! Love the sweater and it's very flattering on you!
Nice pic of your covered pit. Sexy. LOL!

5:45 PM  
Blogger yarnophiliac said...

That is so great! It looks fantastic on you and fab color choice. If/when I knit this, I'd take your advice on the bottom. Makes more sense. Bravo!

6:11 PM  
Blogger NH Knitting Mama said...

Wow, great job! The color is great, and it is so flattering...

6:39 PM  
Blogger Lapdog Creations said...

Gorgeous sweater - and you're such a great model too! :) Wow, that was a fast knit too...
I second Lora on the "pooch" too!
I also second everyone else on wanting to make one too... must get that pattern!

11:05 AM  
Blogger Sonya said...

There was a pooch?? It must have been obscured by the beautiful sweater. I can't stand to see a pit either.

1:56 PM  
Blogger Lolly said...

It is such a cute sweater! I love the color you chose. Looks like you will wear this one a lot! Enjoy!!

8:53 AM  
Blogger yarnophiliac said...

Hey Jackie! Missed you last night -- hope all is well -- h

8:11 AM  
Blogger Gigi said...

Very, very pretty!

9:07 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home