Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Argyles, Mittens, and Gina's Contest (oh my)

Gina is having another contest; this one is all about UFOs. Gina is asking for,

“A list of all the UFOs that you hope to accomplish by the end of THIS YEAR.
(I'll be printing out my own on Friday...FO Friday, of course.)

-1 ticket to each person to write to me with his/her list

-2 additional tickets to you if put the list on your blog along with my FO Friday button with link to my blog...(send me the link as well in the email when you've blogged)

-3 additional tickets to you if you do something unique to your list.
Unique in any way. Good luck and....start typing!!!”


I’m not overly ambitious, knowing that there will be patterns that strike my fancy or perhaps someone will show up with a gorgeous knit that I WILL NEED TO MAKE THIS INSTANT.
Anyway, here’s my list:
1. Corazon mittens from Knitty - OTN *see below
2. %$^&* Argyle Socks - OTN *see below
3. Girly cabled hat in pink
4. Twinkle toes from knitty for the girl
5. The Ultimate Gift Sweater for Matt in some kind of cotton/ cotton blend.
6. Monkey Socks for MIL - OTN
7. My own pattern cabled and beaded socks - OTN
8. My own pattern super girly striped pullover – preschooler sized
9. Tote ‘em bag for 1. My mom in pinks and reds, 2., My aunt in blues and browns
10. Another sweater for moi (springish)
11. Socks and more socks for me!

So, what’s on your list?

My argyle sock class on Sunday was so much fun. I did end up frogging the sock I had started in class because it was too lightweight. I ended up buying some Helio and it's much better. It's my first colorwork project and I'm really enjoying it. Here is what I accomplished on Monday night during Studio 60:



It's not hard to do, just a bit fiddly to get going. Mine's not pretty; I really need to work on my gauge. Oh, and did you notice the lines on the left side? Yes, I did mess up and start the brown as the left-slanting stripe and the blue as the right-slanting. No, I was not about to frog four rows of argyle. I'll just duplicate stitch over them later. I'm lazy like that.

Speaking of frogging, I did frog three inches of my first corazon all the way down to the ribbing. I tried to make a gusset thumb instead of an afterthought thumb, without thinking about the yarn that would have to be carried across the thumb. It was too tight when I tried it on, so ribbit, ribbit. I think I'll still try the gusset, but while incorporating both colors instead of carrying. I'm still learning.

3 Comments:

Blogger Gina House said...

Oh, those colors look AWESOME! So much better (and girlier) than the other colors (but less patriotic). Your UFO/FO list is great....what springish sweater are you thinking of making?

9:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think those socks are looking great! I wouldn't have frogged either; duplicate stitch is a much better option.

12:24 PM  
Blogger Lapdog Creations said...

LOVE the colors of your argyle socks - you & Gina are too brave!

3:55 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home