Monday, January 29, 2007

Tiny FOs

I've put wavy down, maybe for good. Maybe I'll just take her out back and shoot her, put us both out of our misery. I really like the pattern, I love cascade. I despise the color I'm working with. It looked so pretty in the store, a delicate pink nestled in with the brighter, bolder hues. Sweet and girlish. Now after 221 yards of stitches, it looks too pale, anemic even. I hope to finish and dye it something else, maybe purple or red. In the meantime, get a good look, she might not be back for a while:



I had to put it down to knit The Girl a pair of mittens, since she absolutely refused to wear her store-bought pair, but loves to put on big brother's hand knit pair. The fact that it was 6 degrees out on Friday really motivated me to finish these:


Basic mitten pattern in Knitpicks Swish, color Ballerina (of course)

I decided that The Boy needs a new hat since his favorite hat doesn't cover his ears. The only hat that does cover his ears has a folded brim, and he has trouble adjusting it. I wanted a hat that would be just long enough to come past his ears. This is what I came up with:



Again, basic hat pattern with a cable and rib. Cascade 220 in red. I really like the red.

Knitting for kids is so satisfying.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the mittens and the hat. I'm so impressed with the beautiful things you make and you make them so guickly that I feel like there is hope for a newbie to some day achieve the same. Marion

11:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think dying the scarf would be a wonderful idea; I also fully understand having to put it aside. Nothing worse than knitting something that isn't pleasing you!

Nice hat and mittens.

3:13 PM  
Blogger Lapdog Creations said...

Great mitts & hat for the kids! You're pretty speedy... but your right, there's nothing like knitting for kids (esp those who appreciate your hand knits!)...

4:38 PM  
Blogger yarnophiliac said...

Too bad about the scarf -- I didn't think the pink was that bad, but you really get to know a color when you are staring at it that long. A dye job would be very nice. As for the kids items, I am so jealous. I just can't get stuff done that quickly!

5:05 PM  
Blogger Gina House said...

Ahhhh! Must make that hat!!!!! You did an amazing job! Pattern soon, right?? I love the way you photographed the wavy...so cool. And the mittens...adorable! I'm done with my first argyle sock cuff! Woo-hoo! Only hope I'll have the new skein for the feet!

5:46 PM  
Blogger Lora said...

how did I miss this post?! I love the boys hat!

8:45 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home