Monday, January 22, 2007

Don't sweat the Hourglass

I totally forgot to post pictures of my Hourglass sweater. It was such an easy knit, and I almost didn't finish it. I think if it weren't for my knitting group, this sweater would still be languishing my office/ sewing room/ yarn storage room. Please don't mind the awful photo, it was the best I could do this morning.



Oh, you want specifics? Okay.

Pattern: Hourglass Sweater from Last Minute Knitted Gifts, by Joelle Hoverson.
Size/ Yarn: I went with the second smallest (37") figuring that it would be form fitting. I made a good choice here, the fit is wonderful. I used 10 skeins of Knitpicks Andean Silk in Chocolate. This was one skein more than the pattern called for. I did not have enough yarn. I ended up knitting the inside hem of the neckline in a different yarn, but kind of like the way that turned out. I love the feel and sheen of the Andean Silk, but it's kind of pilly. I wouldn't recommend this yarn for a sweater you're going to wear a lot.

I started this sweater around the end of October and finsihed January 14th or 15th.


Neckline hem.

4 Comments:

Blogger Gina House said...

As usual, you look gorgeous! You did such a wonderful job with your sweater. I would love to have a sweater of my own. Better get to making your father-in-law his handknits! Might take you a few years! LOL!

12:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The sweater looks great on you! Nice job :)

4:13 PM  
Blogger Lapdog Creations said...

What a beautiful sweater! It looks great on you too!

10:27 AM  
Blogger NH Knitting Mama said...

Is this the sweater you had on Thursday at B&N? I loved it, it looks great on you!

Amanda (that new chick that sat next to you) ((wink))

http://nhknittingmama.blogspot.com/

9:32 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home