Monday, December 04, 2006

First snow

Well, technically not the first for me, since we experienced some flurries driving up to Grandview in November, but as the Boy and I waited for the bus, we spotted a few flurries, which of course, we tried catching on our tongues. Too few actual flakes to catch, but it was still Big Fun to try. I love this time with him. The husband gone to work for the day, the baby girl still sleeping. We play chase in the driveway and "I Spy". It's just five minutes until the bus gets there, but it's our five minutes.

The little joker turned to me and said, "my hands are cold" (while wearing the mittens I knitted for him this weekend), I asked "really?" and he said, "no, just kidding, I love my mittens". Even at five he understands the value of something hand knitted especially for him. Warms my heart.

The Pardi Cardi in on the needles. No pictures yet, as it's just a big square, but it's coming. I didn't find a mohair that I liked so I ended up with Nashua Handknits "Ivy" which is an alpaca/ merino blend with little sparkly fibers in it. Perfect for the little party girl. Hopefully I'll finish by Sunday, which is my extended family's holiday party. Cross your fingers for me!

3 Comments:

Blogger Lora said...

OH he's a little teaser!!! I saw the snow this morning and called my family in Kentucky and said "IT'S SNOWING...but it's not sticking thank goodness!" SNOW SNOW SNOW!!!

1:42 PM  
Blogger Lapdog Creations said...

Awww.. what a sweet little guy! And my fingers are crossed for you on the cardi!

3:55 PM  
Blogger Gina House said...

Oh, isn't it nice to have a family member appreciate something knitted? Especially your own kids! Good luck on the cardi! And, if all else fails, you can always have her wear the TinTess Dress with a pretty black boa...if you need one, I got it!

4:02 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home