Monday, October 16, 2006

Baby stuff and socks

Not too much knitting going on here this week. I haven't even knit a stitch on my Anastasia socks since Wednesday night. I did get some work done on my Pea Pod Baby set.

I really like this pattern. Great for a quick baby gift. I'm not going to knit the beanie that goes with it because it's for a winter baby, and winter babies need hats that cover their ears. I'll probably knit up some booties to go with, we'll see.
Here's a close up of the leaf detail:


I did manage another inch or so on my socks (most of it on Wednesday):


After the horrible attempt at a short row toe, I'm hesitant to try a short row heel, but this is Socktoberfest, and it's all about trying new things for me.

Wish me luck.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OH, the sweater is coming out GREAT! Your socks rock...that pattern is so cool. When I actually have some free time, I want to make them! Did you have a good weekend?

10:22 AM  
Blogger Lapdog Creations said...

The pea pod sweater is looking FAB! You're inspiring me to get to it, though I am going to attempt the Angel sweater first, since that already has a "name" on it for Christmas!

10:58 AM  
Blogger Gigi said...

Oooo! Love the peapod AND the socks. That is one lucky little baby!

5:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for visiting my blog! Yes, the trekking yarn is just too beautiful. So much fun to knit. And your socks are great. What is the pattern?

7:09 PM  
Blogger yarnophiliac said...

the Sweater is beautiful and I can't wait to see the socks finished. Don't sweat the short row heel, either -- I've only done it once, but it really wasn't too bad (just have to keep track of your rows carefully). And, it goes w/out saying, Gina's yarn is GORGEOUS. I am dying to try that dye method now.

8:25 AM  
Blogger Lora said...

Ok I've listened to your audio clip 6+ time..she's either saying Hi Jackie or Hi Duckie. I can't figure it out...am I right?? LOL Your kidlets are adorable!! Glad you brought them out for a bit Wednesday

6:49 PM  
Anonymous Michael Meza said...

Thanks for this bllog post

8:36 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home