Friday, September 15, 2006

Spaz

If you’ve ever owned a dog, you know what happens when you first let them out of the house after being cooped up all day; they have this sappy expression of sheer dopey doggie joy and just dash from thing to thing sniffing and licking and turning back to you as if to say, “isn’t life wonderful?” That pretty much sums up my inner crafter lately. I am doing more planning and purchasing than actual knitting. I just want to do so many things that I'm not settling down to do any of them. I haven’t yet finished the leg on the Hedera socks yet:



and already I’m thinking of the socks to make with this yarn.



Although I do have these lovely hand warmers to show off:

I took this picture with the camera tucked under my chin. Don’t pretend you’re not impressed.



In action at knitting:


Super crafty Heather dyed this awesome sport weight superwash merino, it’s called Goody Gumdrops and it’s wonderful. So soft and perfect for hand warmers. I have plenty left over to make some socks for baby girl.

In case you were wondering, here’s the recipe:
Sport weight yarn (I think I used about 1.5 oz)
Size US3 needles – double point, magic loop, whatever does it for you

Cast on 48 stitches, join round.
K2, P2 ribbing for approximately 3.5 inches. At the start of the next round, knit 8 stitches in ribbing pattern onto a scrap of contrasting waste yarn, slip back to left needle and knit again, this time using working yarn. Continue in rib until the desired length, bind off.

Now go back and carefully remove the scrap of waste yarn and put the resulting 15 (7 top, 8 bottom) stitches on the needles. Attach yarn and knit in 2x2 rib, pick up two stitches on the left side and three on the right side to close the gaps (work these odd stitches in 1x1 rib). Work for 8 rounds and bind off loosely. Weave in ends and enjoy your warm hands.

Whew. Now I’m off to buy more patterns for stuff I’ll never get around to knitting. Ta!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOVE how those gorgeous pink socks are coming along...that pattern is sweet! They look perfect next to the flowers. Your fingerless mitts are even more sumptuous in person....they feel so soft and comfy on the hands! I kinda miss the blue background you had...it was so soothing. You are super awesome for helping me with the sewing machine...it's too bad that I BROKE the darn needle after you left...I'm SUCH a sewing DORK!

3:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i can't wait to see the finished Hedera socks. What do you think of the pattern? Easy knit? You've gotten further than I -- my red socks are only one row past the ribbing. I love the Seacoast Handpaint yarn. I have her Raspberry Mocha colorway and want to make Jaywalkers from it -- it will be my first pair, can you believe it???

7:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmm...that last was me...lol

7:12 PM  
Blogger Lapdog Creations said...

LOVE the pink socks and the mitts too - thanks for the pattern! I'm right there with you on stocking up on PROJECTS and getting little done... :/

3:14 PM  
Anonymous Kent Window Tinting said...

Very thoughtfuul blog

2:44 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home