Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Check engine light = bad

On Sunday the family piled into my car to start some back to school shopping. Since the big guy is only starting Kindergarten it shouldn’t be “back to school”, just “to school shopping”. Anyhow, the check engine light came on just as soon as she was started, so I called the shop on Monday morning and got us an appointment. Does anyone know what an O2 sensor is? Well it’s 400 bucks, that's what it is. Oh, and by the way the rear pads and rotors were about 98% degraded so go ahead and throw those in there too. Another 400? Sure what the hell. Add assorted other crap I never heard of and we’re in the can 878 smackeroos. Oh well, I was just going to spend that on yarn anyway. (Well, not this week, but soon enough.)

Speaking of which, guess what came in the mail today?

I got this:


Which will be the crumpets dress for the baby girl

And this:

I’m totally digging on this gloss yarn. It’s 70% merino and 30% silk and 100% soft. I’m going to be making a stole for myself. Is it okay for someone under 70 to use the term “stole”? I just picture some grandmother saying, “Be a dear and hand me my stole”. Not my grandmother though. She uses booze to keep her warm. I love my Nana.

And, progress people… the sherbet socks are up to the heel flap. Tonight is knitting group at Barnes and Noble, so I should be able to get a couple of good hours in hopefully.

Sock on!

1 Comments:

Blogger Gina House said...

Yikes...my engine light is on, too! Let's see...yarn or fix car....might have to think about this. Personally, I love the progress you've done on your sock and ALL THAT YARN. (lucky, lucky) Officially, though, I hate you. : P

4:02 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home