Monday, August 07, 2006

Rock on with your bad self

The Socks that Rock yarn finally came in (thanks Gina!). I am officially in training for the Sock Wars slated to begin late next month. If you haven’t signed up for Sock Wars yet do it now. Go on, I’ll wait.

I started knitting a pair in the Sherbet coloway on Saturday. I’m trying to see how fast I can knit them. They’re only a simple k3p1 rib, done two at once on one circular aka magic loop. I am making progress, but of course nothing else is being knitted. These I think are going to go to my sister when done since every time I mention socks she asks when I’m going to knit her a pair. That’ll shut her up.

I got about another inch done on Matt’s socks on Friday. I’m really digging this pattern, but I need to pay very careful attention to what I’m doing, so I need to wait until both children are asleep to work on these.


On Saturday night Matt and I went to diner and a movie to celebrate his birthday. We ended up at a small romantic Italian place and ended up both drinking and eating too much. The movie was Talladega Nights and was just okay. There was really nothing else playing that I wanted to see, and Matt picked the movie anyway. The best bits were Sacha Baron Cohen as a rival driver and a cool cameo by Elvis Costello, who in my opinion, is The Shit.

How cute is this kitty?
pointykitty
You have to check out this site Wee Wonderfuls. They simply have the cutest sewing and embroidery patterns ever. One of which was this adorable (and free!) pointy kitty that I whipped up here. She only takes 1/4 yard of fabric.

And a bag
greenbaag
I adore this fabric. I finished this bucket bag just in time to take it out on Saturday night. It looked totally cute with my outfit (which was also totally cute).

Back to my rockin’ socks.

2 Comments:

Blogger Gina House said...

Okay...I officially hate you! Only kidding (kinda)....those Sherbet socks are outrageously awesome (so jealous), the "man socks" are coming out so nice and I LOVE the pointed kitty....oh, stop being so productive!!! Please bring everything Wed to knitting (unless I see you before then). Don't you LOVE the Wee Wonderfulls? By the way, the bucket bag is ROCKIN'!!! I will end by saying in my most pathetic, whiny, computer-typed voice...."pweese make me a bag!"...wahhhh!

2:58 PM  
Blogger Gigi said...

That cat made me LOL! The socks look great. What a color choice! Cannot wait to see them in person. Are they coming with you Wednesday?

3:23 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home