Thursday, August 03, 2006

Knitter’s ennui

(or, getting my sew on)
I only have two small finished projects to share in the knitting side of things; check out this adorable little sock pin. My friend and fellow blogger Gina had this great idea for all the sock knitters in our knitting group to knit tiny itty bitty socks to wear as a pin. Mine is lavender Frog Tree alpaca knit on #1 needles. I cast on 20 stitches and just knit like a regular sock, and hot-glued a pin backing on. Easy as pie, and only took a couple of hours to complete. Talk about instant gratification.

000_1889
Second small project I’m sharing is Perdita done in Lily of the Valley from Summer ’06 knitty. It was my first project with beading and I really enjoyed the beadwork.
000_1895
The sewing has been calling me lately more than the knitting. I have two finished totes that are going up on Etsy today. I finally finished the ultra-girly shopping tote with the satiny French café lining. I’m not crazy about the end product -- the lining was too slippery to work with. I wasn’t going to put it up, but I think I’ll sell it anyway, just at a discount.
000_1880000_1883
The second is my favorite -- an oversized tote in Vintage Roses and micro suede with pink webbing handles. Cute, no?
000_1878
Tomorrow will be a shoulder bag and my recipe for Stoli-dolies. (you’ll see)

1 Comments:

Blogger Gina House said...

Wow! I still LOVE both bags...that microsuede is fantastic. You are the BRILLIANT BAG B*TCH! ; )

I need to try the socks again....mine came out too big...yours is the perfect size!

I'm very intrigued by the Stoli-dolies. What the heck is that??? I love the cliff hanger ending....

4:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home