Monday, August 21, 2006

Got me a roving eye

I don’t spin, I don’t have a spindle or a wheel or even know if they’re the same thing. Why am I looking at roving? Ever since Rose brought some gorgeously soft purple merino roving for Gina to spin, I’ve been looking at the stuff. Maybe after I finish the seven (yup I’m bad) UFOs I’ll ask Gina to maybe show me how she spins. Maybe.

Well, it’s (kinda) about knitting
When knitters see the name Zimmerman the first person that should pop into their mind is EZ the very famous (among the knitterati) Elizabeth Zimmerman. I’m so abnormal I aught to be outlawed. I was reading someone’s blog last week and saw the name Zimmerman while skimming and thought to myself, “why is this knitblog referencing Don Zimmerman, the Yankees dugout coach who famously (or infamously) rushed (Red Sox pitcher) Pedro Martinez during the ’98 ALCS bench-clearing brawl and was subsequently tossed aside by his (huge) head? Maybe it’s because I’m so used to seeing Elizabeth Zimmerman referenced by her initials EZ and not her last name. Maybe it’s because this season is now so far into the toilet that I’m looking back to other not so happy seasons. Either way, football season starts in two weeks. Go Pats.

Some pictures from the weekend and an update on the other Red Socks
Saturday we had a family barbeque for my mom’s 60th birthday. I thought it would be funny to flip the 6 from her candles so it looked like she was turning 90. She didn't think it was funny but it was.
000_2185

My kids were cute as usual. It's so hard to get the baby girl to say cheese, although I do love snapshots when the subject isn't looking directly at the camera.
r1
And the big guy just loves to ham it up:
000_2151

And the little red socks are coming along nicely. I ended up casting on 44 stitches, doing an inch of ribbing then changing to stockinette. They fit so far. I'll keep my fingers crossed.000_2236

3 Comments:

Blogger Gina House said...

Kids look adorable...it's funny about the Zimmerman! I would be in the same situation (but opposite) if someone was talking about Don Zimmerman...I'd think it was EZ! Sock is looking good. I'd be glad to spin some fiber for you. Rose's is coming along slowly. : )

1:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah... I think we're done for this year. So now it's time to think of hockey.

Never a football fan, I.

6:54 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Hi Jackie and thanks for stopping by my blog! I love your Don Zimmerman story. I'm glad to hear I'm not the only Sox knitter in the world. Do you read Subway Knitter? She brought her knitting to Fenway recently. I don't think I could do that (need hands to do the mandatory clapping, cheering, and high-fiving...well maybe not so much lately, but I'm keeping the faith).

7:06 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home