Friday, August 18, 2006

Socks? Check

The Sherbet flavor socks that rock are done. Ain’t they pretty? They are not going to my sister. I’ll probably finish one of the Jaywalks to give her. The layette perhaps?

Guess who tried to steal them?



I’ve started another pair of socks for the little big guy. These will be his back to school socks. Hopefully they’ll fit. I started with 56 stitches on size two needles, but after completing the ribbing, decided they were WAY too big. Gina suggested I cast on 44 stitches, so let’s see how they turn out. They do look good so far. Also, I am still trying to find the perfect beads for Crumpets and I’ll probably cast on after I get the current red socks done.

I don't crochet, but I have the ultimate respect for those that do. One of them from ManchVegas knitters, Marion made these adorable favors for her daughter's wedding and had a bunch left over that she genously shared with the group. The jellybeans were tasty, and I adore the little crocheted flowers. I made one into a magnet:


000_2124
Also check out the cute card it's holding up, it's a thank you card that Gina made. Gosh, I love crafty people!


It’s going to be a very busy weekend; I am throwing a birthday party for my mom tomorrow, then Sunday we are meeting my mother in law in Brookline for dinner. She’s in town for a few days for some conference, so I’ll also be heading back down there on Monday for lunch. Hmmmmm… yarn stores in Brookline.

2 Comments:

Blogger Gina House said...

Socks look amazing...they're even better in person. Love Riley holding the socks....she's gonna steal them! Hope the socks are coming out well for Carter. Magnet...great idea! And, hope you have a fun time this weekend...buy lots of yarn!

1:11 PM  
Blogger Lapdog Creations said...

Your socks came out fabulous!

4:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home