Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Oh look, another sock update

Because I haven't knitted anything but socks in a long time. Yes I started Crumpets but stopped when I didn't like the beads I picked out. I replaced the beads but haven't had the desire to cast on again. I also have a baby gift for a child due in December that I haven't even decided on a project yet. I know November is going to be a busy month. For now, I am like the grasshopper who knows that winter is coming but prefers to play while the sun is shining. Here's what I've been playing with:

Socks!
Yesterday:

And Today:


As much as I'd like these socks done (can't wait to wear them) I find myself lingering with the yarn. The stitches are so beautiful and the yarn is nice and smooth. I keep stopping to admire the sock. I will be almost sorry when they're done.

I can't say enough for the two socks on one magic loop method. I really adore this technique. Because some have asked, here is the tutorial I used to learn:
The Boy Who Knits

And more sewing to report:

I made this bag over the weekend as a gift for a friend. I also started three different oversized totes, but they are really time-consuming so no photos yet.

And the best news of all, we finally broke down and got high speed internet. No more dial-up! I can't tell you how much better it is. No, wait, yes I can! It is way better. I can actually watch videos on YouTube now. Okay, just more distraction, but it's so fun!

3 Comments:

Blogger yarnophiliac said...

oooooo -- those socks look gorgeous! I finally tried the two socks technique myself -- cast on Jaywalkers in Black Purl, but I am still on the ribbing. I think I am going to love the technique, as soon as I figure out how to keep from tangling the yarns! ARG! I'll post pics to my blog later. (and never apologize for knitting socks -- afterall, every grasshopper needs warm feet!)

9:59 AM  
Blogger Gina House said...

OMG!!!! Do I dare hope that the gorgeous bag you have there is for ME?????? If not, I might have to take it hostage!

The socks are FANTASTIC and I can't wait to see them in person....you knit socks like a maniac...I love it!!!

9:14 AM  
Blogger Jackie said...

You got me Gina! I couldn't find the green flannel that I lined the other one with, but found some pink (um, pink, for Gina?) that I thought you'd like!

9:33 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home