Thursday, September 21, 2006

Hedera Update

Hedera heel done:


I was a bit confused with the directions for the heel flap, it seemed a bit too long at the time. Now that the gussets are coming along I can see Cookie's genius. The longer heel flap works beautifully and makes for a sexy ankle. I am digging the yarn, Wildfoote by Brown Sheep Co. It's a bit thinner than I normally go for, but the color was such a pretty soft pink that I couldn't resist. I was going to try to finish these before Sock War starts tomorrow, but I don't see how that's going to happen. Hopefully the sock war pattern will not be too taxing, and I'll annihilate my target swiftly and painlessly.


I also have completed another tote, with a coordinating sock bag:


I love this sock bag, I almost kept it for myself.

Just a peek, I will be posting the pattern for this sock sometime soon.

Til then, wish me luck in the Sock Wars! Ta.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jackie, those socks are gorgeous and I truly love the told and sock bag. Beautiful work!

2:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't leave those socks alone too long because I may just snatch them up! So pretty! Can't wait for your pattern...he he...I know what it is! Good luck with Sock Wars tomorrow! If your hands get numb, call me and I'll do a little knitting while you shake out your hands and take a pee-pee break...

5:09 PM  
Blogger Gigi said...

So much wonderful creativity in one post, it is almost too much! Beautiful work. Best of luck with Sock Wars!

9:17 PM  
Blogger Lapdog Creations said...

LOVE the bags! Do you sell them on Etsy? Btw, I just put your blog button on my blog -- I hope you might do the same? I'll get up to ManchVegas soon to meet ya'all!

3:22 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home