Monday, September 25, 2006

Doom on you!

Well not you you, unless of course you're Jaime reading my blog trying to determine where I am in my sock knitting.

Check it:

and:

I really hope she likes them. I think if I had to do it all over again, I'd probably pick a self striping or variegated yarn. The blue is beautiful in person, and it is washable wool, but miles of ribbing in a solid color yarn is a bit boring.

So here's my dilemma, do I email my target with the tracking information tauntingly, or do I say nothing and let her wonder when she'll perish? What would you do?

Edited to add:
My assassin just emailed me to tell me that my socks are on the way. I think I'll be nice enough to my target to do the same, that and to give her the heads-up that she'll be sending the socks directly to my assassin. War is Hell!

Labels:

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

noooo...I'm dead!

I can't wait to get the socks...they look beautiful! I also went with blue for my target and I was growing quite fond of it (other than the repetitiveness of staring at all the blue). I agree about making these socks in the future...will definitely use more color!

I do appreciate the heads up and the link to your blog! :) You're the nicest assassin ever!

1:58 PM  
Blogger Lapdog Creations said...

I'm dead... well, as of tomorrow - my wonder assassin emailed to tell me to be sure to check my po box after 3pm tomorrow! I didn't even get my targets info until today so I didn't even START - how sad am I?

2:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was SO FAST! Holy crap...I thought I'd be hearing more of the Sock Wars at knitting on Wed. The socks came out GREAT, of course. Really love the color. Your label ROCKS!

2:45 PM  
Blogger Gigi said...

Wow! I cannot believe how quickly Sock Wars can be over. I LOVE the paper wrapping you put around your socks! Quite clever.

7:04 PM  
Blogger KnitOwl said...

Hi, Jackie!

I'm Gaye's Sister, Donna. Your socks look so perfect compared to mine (sniff-sniff). Oh well, I'm still learning.
I changed colors on mine when I pick up stitches for the gusset to break the monotony. Light pink ankle and heel flap, dark turq. thereafter. Not bad...
Thanks for sharing!!!

11:47 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home