Monday, October 02, 2006

The thrill of victory, the agony of de-feet!

I am thrilled to show off my finished Hedera socks. These please me very much. The pattern was a bit of a challenge for me; for some reason I could not memorize the four pattern repeat until very near the end. I had to have the pattern with me at all times. I made some mistakes, but for my very first lace socks, not too shabby.


A better view of the lace detail:


Onto the agony:
On Saturday I was taken out of Sock Wars by a lovely pair of Sunflower-yellow socks of doom:

My assassin, Inkslinger42 offed me with style, including a delicious bag of Italian chocolates to ease the pain of death. Great job Tanya.

More socks? Yes, Please!

Socktoberfest 2006


The monthlong celebration of Socktoberfest kicked off yesterday. I am marking the month by trying a new technique, toe up socks. I'll be using Pepperknit's Anastasia pattern with Cherry Tree Hill yarn. How will you celebrate?

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ooooooo...Jackie, I love the Anastasia pattern! I've been eyeing it myself, but have avoided it b/c of the toe up issue. I just haven't been ready to tackle that just yet. I've got a ton of socky business to do this month already, so I won't be trying it just yet. And rest easy, downed warrior, that you have slain an opponent, and your doom was not in vain! Long live hand-knit socks! Death to cold feet! (hmmm...i think the yarn dyes may have gotten to me...)~h

11:46 AM  
Blogger Lapdog Creations said...

LOVE the lace socks - gorgeous!!!
I was taken out with a pair of grey socks of doom last week......

1:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your socks came out fantastic!!! Love that pink! Those yellowish socks aren't too bad either. But, the chocolate...droool...please share! OH, by the way, LOVE your title!

2:30 PM  
Blogger Lora said...

AH doom on you.. poo poo poo! That just stinks! Your lacey socks look nice! Can't wait to see them Wednesday night! How will I celebrate socktober?? Finish my socks I have started and then cast on the GOBLIN when it gets here! I can't wait!!

5:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG! Your name is Jacqueline Wolk! MY name is Jacqueline Wolk! I like knitting! You like knitting!

Weird what happens when one Googles one's self.

3:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home