Monday, October 30, 2006

Bursts of Creativity

1.
The KnitPicks order finally came in on Friday. I got 10 skeins of Andean Silk in Chocolate to make the Hourglass sweater from Last Minute Knitted Gifts. Here's my progress so far:

Not much to look at right now.

2.
A while back I saw these adorably stenciled t-shirts on this blog. I ran right out and got the supplies to make them, but haven't had the chance until last week. These are two I made for the kiddies:

A butterfly for the baby girl:


And a scary Halloween skull for the boy:

The skull was such a pain to do. I won't recommend painting light colors on dark shirts. I had to put on three coats of paint and when I peeled off the stencil part of the skull peeled away with it. I thought it looked kind of cool anyway so I kept it like that.

You can check out the tutorial on Craftster.

3.
Sewing! I actually finished a bag and a half:
Bag:



Half a bag:



And lastly, a gratuitous shot of the baby girl, just to prove that sometimes I do brush her hair:

She cleans up nice.

4 Comments:

Blogger Gina House said...

OH, how cute the shirts are!!! Love the bags...nice fabrics! You made tons of progress on that sweater already...wow! And, little Riley looks like even more of an angel than usual. So adorable!

11:35 AM  
Blogger Lapdog Creations said...

Cute shirts! Gorgeous bags!

7:02 PM  
Blogger Gigi said...

The shirts are great! Is there no end to your creativity girl?! (So, maybe I'm just a little jealous... LOL)

7:40 PM  
Blogger Lora said...

How do you get things done with little ones around?!? I do good with ONE kid here :)
OH I love your bags!! Will you and the kiddies come over one day for a playdate and teach me how?! I made two coin purses today for a little order from a friends daughter...cute little turtle fabric :)
Your baby girl is adorable!! Messy hair or neat!! CUTE CUTE CUTE
Love the shirts too! how fun!

1:31 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home