Monday, November 27, 2006

Post Holiday

Whew, it was quite a week! Tuesday we packed up the kiddos and flew (yes, I actually got on an airplane with two small children) to my in-laws’ for Thanksgiving. I usually host the big meal here, but my mother-in-law recently had surgery and couldn’t fly, so up and away we went. Let me tell you, if you are planning on ever flying with children there are two things that you need; alcohol and small electronics. The alcohol was for me of course. The kids were perfectly happy with a portable DVD player and a gameboy (new gift from the grandparents). Thankfully it’s a quick flight and they were great both ways.

I knew I wouldn’t get much knitting in this week, but I do have progress on my cabled and beaded socks, a scarf and fulled slippers. The socks may be gifted, the scarf will most definitely be gifted, and the slippers are all mine.


Cabled and Beaded, first sock mostly done. I'll write up the pattern when I knit the mate.


Fuzzy Feet from knitty. I loved the way these looked on this blog, so I grabbed some SWS from Michaels. I loved the feel of the yarn and the colors were beautiful, so I ran out and grabbed some more for a scarf in the pinks colorway (which is only a little pink).

Pattern: My So Called Scarf
This will be going to the kindergarten teacher, but I may have to make a second for myself.

Before I go, I’d like to share the baby girl’s new cheese face (as in “say cheese”).





It’s great to be home.

4 Comments:

Blogger Lora said...

oh I like how the socks are coming along!! The slippers look cozy and the scarf is awesome!! What is SwS?
OH the cheesey grin!! Beautiful!

11:54 AM  
Blogger Jackie said...

Whoops. SWS is Patons Soy Wool Stripes. Sorry 'bout that.

2:03 PM  
Blogger Lapdog Creations said...

LOVE those cabeled/beaded socks... gorgeous! And thanks for telling me what I should do with some of the SWS I bought (couldn't resist - great colors, super soft, nice price)! I'm going to make myself a pair of the slippers after all this holiday knitting... Love the cheesey grin too! Too cute. See you at Joanne's Wed night?

5:23 PM  
Blogger Gina House said...

Adorable as hell smiles! I'm dying to make the scarf pattern! Your slippers are amazing....are they as toasty as they look?

5:24 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home