Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Still Reeling

from this past weekend at the Grand View Lodge in the beautiful White Mountains of New Hampshire. The Manch-Vegas knitters converged upon this poor, unsuspecting lodge with voracious yarn appetites and alcohol. The weekend was rated pg-13 for partial nudity and strong language.

(left to right on stairs) Gigi, Caroline, Amy, Lora, Laurin
(left to right standing) me, Ericka, Gina, Lisa
(left to right kneeling) Heather and Sarah

There was much laughter, singing, and a few tears. Just for the stories alone I would have gone (I for one, will never again enter a Friendly's without thinking of the lovely Laurin). You know you're in a great group when at least one person has on speed dial a loved one who is willing to google "jogless join" at 12:30 am. (Thanks Ericka and Chris.)

We had a new knitter, the very awesome Lisa who thought she'd get some scrapping done - ha! We are Knitters, you will assimilate.

Gina (go listen to her second podcast) had to rip out a sweater that she had about 12 inches of, then got back to where she was before she got home (that girl is FAST). Ericka also had to frog back some of her sweater which just broke my heart (I couldn't even ring the bell). Gigi finished an entire crocheted shawl out of frog tree alpaca that I just wanted to steal. Caroline turned her very first heel, and Lora tried Entrelac for the first time!

My one FO:



And modeled by my handsome boy:




Sarah was about the best driver I could imagine getting us up there in record time. Even on the way home we hit a huge traffic jam and she got off at the next exit and got us around it.

All in all, a very good time indeed.




4 Comments:

Blogger Gina House said...

You did a perfect job of summing up our weekend. I hate my pic but, hey, I'll let it go...ha ha. LOVE the picture of Carter in his new hat...so handsome!

10:35 AM  
Blogger Lapdog Creations said...

LOVE that hat - and your little boy is absolutely adorable! Thanks for sharing about Grandview, sorry I missed it but maybe next time!

10:49 AM  
Blogger Lora said...

Hey Jackie, I had a blast with all of you!! I am going to have to break out the mud slide...I tried more on my entrelac last night, sober, and can't seem to figure it out! LMAO!

11:09 AM  
Blogger ErickaJo said...

I'm glad to see that your worries about that hat being too small were unfounded. He looks great in it :)

I'm going to sign in with my google account... didn't know I could do that... they got blogger, too? I expect to see some improvements around here! We'll see how it works ;)

3:38 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home