Monday, November 13, 2006

1000 hours until Christmas (more or less)

I figured out that I have the following projects to finish before Christmas:

1. For myself: Last Minute Knitted Gifts Hourglass Sweater (actually I want to finish by Thanksgiving)
2. Gift: Socks for kindergarten teacher
3. Gift: Socks for kindergarten teacher's aide
4. Gift: Fetching mitts for bus driver
5. Gift: Fingering weight stole for Mother-in-Law
6. Gift: Argyle socks for Father-in-Law
7. Gift: Felted bag for favorite aunt
8: For Baby Girl: knitted hat.

In the 1000 hours between now and Christmas, how many hours are actually knittable (yes it’s a word). Because there are a bunch of things that get in the way of my knitting. And, let’s face it folks, I’m no Gina.


Here's the progress on the sweater:



As you can see, I have most of one sleeve to complete and the rest of the bodice. Am I being unrealistic? Should I put away the sweater and start some of the gifts? I'm afraid if I put it away it'll never be finished.

Oh, what to do?

5 Comments:

Blogger Lora said...

get knittin' sista!! I'm all for meeting on Sunday afternoon's somewhere if anyone is up for it...more knitting time!

3:01 PM  
Blogger yarnophiliac said...

Knit! Knit like the wind! lol (and I could KILL you for stating that there are 1000 hrs until Christmas!! I almost ran screaming away from the puter!) Definately work on the sweater -- you can do it, and when you get bored of the brown, switch to a gift project. I like to keep two going for that reason. (Aren't I funny? Two projects? HA!)

6:13 PM  
Blogger Gigi said...

Only 1,000 hours? EEEEEEEK!

O.K. now that I've calmed down some I say go for it on the sweater but start one of the other projects as well. That way no guilt. :-D

6:45 PM  
Blogger Gina House said...

You're so funny...! The sweater is coming out awesome and I think you'll definitely have it done by Thanksgiving...no problem. Now..the other knitting projects to get done before Christmas...my idea is that you knix the argyle socks and do that for his birthday instead. Either that, or just do those and not do everything else! And....be thankful you're not me...I've got another sweater to knit for Tim before Thanksgiving! Urghh!

4:30 PM  
Blogger Lapdog Creations said...

Knit on girl! I agree with Heather about running from the puter though - and wait, ONLY 2 projects at a time?? YEA RIGHT! I will be one to admit I usually have at least 5 or 6 things going at once (though I'm not sure I can still count a scarf from 3 years ago now??)!

11:07 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home