Friday, March 02, 2007

I almost hope it never ends

I'm finishing the body of my wicked sweater s l o w l y. I've got another inch or so then I'll start the pocket. I love when I have a knit that's just long enough to not be boring. This knit is perfect because there's shaping to break up the 11 or so inches of stockinette body, then you get to knit a nifty pocket, and the seaming of pocket to body is something different and interesting. Plus, it's top down, knit in the round. God, I love this sweater.

Today is the perfect day to stay in and knit. The snow has now changed over to freezing rain, and we're not going anywhere.



The kids are entertaining themselves, and my house is (relatively) clean*. I'm pouring myself another cup of coffee and knitting.

*Disclaimer: do not come over my house to verify this statement, my version of clean and yours may be completely different.

5 Comments:

Blogger Lapdog Creations said...

I'm so jealous that you get to stay home and knit! I had to drive to work in this crap... yuck! Can't wait to see your Wicked progress!

9:41 AM  
Blogger Gina House said...

Love your disclaimer!!!! It's too bad the snow turned to freezing rain...it was so pretty this morning!

10:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lucky you, getting a stay at home and knit day. I also had to drive to work in this kaka!

I can't wait to see your finished Wicked!

12:00 PM  
Blogger yarnophiliac said...

hahaha! I love the disclaimer! My def. is probably mch broader than most, so no worries here. I can't wait to give wicked a try -- yours looked fab!

3:20 PM  
Blogger Lora said...

I bet my version of clean is about the same as yours. With two small kids I'm happy with a PATH through a room! LOL
We stayed in all day and mom and I knit dishcloths...we're on a dish cloth kick :) OH THE FUN OF IT ALL!

10:45 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home