Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Happy Spring?




Just a couple of photos from my yard.

I think it's the last of the snow, and it'll probably be gone in a day or two. I'm actually enjoying it. The only downside is it can't use my grill. I can't even get out the side door right now.

Onto the knitting content. I haven't made any progress on the gusset from hell. I need to force myself to pick it up again. Perhaps at knitting group. The pleasant company will distract me from inane repetitive stitchery. I just need it done.

I have (just about) finished my one and only sport-weight argyle sock. I still need to weave in the trillion ends, but since I'll never wear it, what's the point?



I am definitely going to make a pair of argyles in a thinner weight. Just not right now. I have to finish Tote 'Em before I can think about any new projects. Speaking of new projects, somebody talk me out of knitting Rusted Root, because I can't stop thinking about it, and I promised the Boy a red sweater.

Along with the Tote 'Em bag, I'm also working on the We Call Them Pirates hat in red and cream for the boy. Instead of a provisional cast on and a knitted liner, I'm just going to line the whole thing in fleece once it's done. I'm thinking he'll wear this one next year anyway.



For anyone interested, the yarn is Tove.

And lastly, yesterday I took the girl for an actual haircut. It was getting really unruly. Her before:



Her after:



And, because I'm instituting an equal-time policy, one of the handsome Boy:



No haircut or anything. Just enjoying the New England Aquarium.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, I'm going to try this again! Blogger is not playing nice.

Your kids are adorable!

I say you should knit yourself Rusted Root after you make the boy a red sweater. His little size won't take you very long :)

2:46 PM  
Blogger Lapdog Creations said...

OK, why is blogger telling me its Wednesday already?? your posts says Wed, 3/21 - did I miss a day here? LOL
Rusted Root is GORGEOUS... sorry, no help from me in talking you out of it. :)
And hey, where's your Kate pics??

3:36 PM  
Blogger Gina House said...

Adorable pics of the kiddies! That hat is coming along...can't wait to see them pirates! Argyle, of course, looks fabulous! You should at least wear it once! What the heck is Rusted Root? Will have to check it out : ) Loved the snow pics, too.

4:25 PM  
Blogger NH Knitting Mama said...

The rusted root sweater is beautiful. I agree with Julie, you should knit the sweater for the boy, then do r.r. for you.

I agree, not wearing the sock - don't weave in the ends.

7:15 PM  
Blogger Lora said...

AW the haircut is beautiful!! She's such a pretty tintess!! the boy is just as handsome as ever too ;)
OH I like that sweater too. I think I saw Angie in Concord wearing one very similar to that Sunday! You should ask her about it. She may be in Manch tonight.

9:49 AM  
Blogger yarnophiliac said...

I love the Pirate hat and what a great idea to do it in red. So sorry I missed you last night. :(
As for Rusted root, go for it. Seeing how quickly you cranked out Wicked. you can do both! It would look fab on you.

6:28 PM  
Blogger Bea said...

Awww, beautiful kids, I love the curls on your daughter's hair. And your wicked sweater looks great!

9:55 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home