Monday, March 12, 2007

Hell is

408 rows of stockinette.

Not even halfway there.

I'm currently knitting the gusset for the Tote 'Em bag from the Fall '06 issue of knitters. I've finished the first side, but after holding it up next to Gina's I think it's about a third too small. I hope it comes out okay since it's going to be a gift.

Here's the front panel.


This part was fun and I'm looking forward the the second side, if I ever finish the gusset.

Here's what it's supposed to look like after felting:


The pattern calls for i-cord handles, but after knitting all that stockinette for the gusset well, I'm rethinking my options.




5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love that tote. It's been on my list for a while, but now that I know you need 408 rows of stockinette, I'm not so sure! Your's is looking pretty.

3:30 PM  
Blogger Lora said...

You and Gina are sure differents sizes on that tote! But I can bet they are both going to come out SMASHINGLY AWESOME.... or as I just learned WICKED PISSAH!!! hee hee

3:50 PM  
Blogger Gina House said...

Really love the colors and, I agree, it's HELL!!!! And I've only done two rows of garter at this point. Yes, two.

4:29 PM  
Blogger Lapdog Creations said...

Someone is VERY lucky to be getting that as a gift - I love the colors you picked!

6:17 PM  
Blogger NH Knitting Mama said...

I love that bag, and can't wait to see it when its all done! You picked some great colors, Jackie!

1:15 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home