Monday, April 02, 2007

The giant ballerina

What the heck did I do wrong?

One of the patterns I've been dying to try is the Felted Ballerina Slipper from Fiber Trends. The pattern itself was fun, and I used some Cascade 220 from the stash so that was also enjoyable.

They looked kind of big before felting, but I honestly thought they'd be okay.



But, after going through two cycles I realized that I could not get them down to six inches.



They're 8. And they're huge. Oh well, she'll grow into them. Or I can give them to the boy. He loves red.

5 Comments:

Blogger Gina House said...

I stil think that they're adorably cute...even if they are too big. She'll grow into them! Or...you could knit some nice, thick hand knit socks and have her wear them WITH the slippers...?

They had adult sizes, rigtht?

1:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Someone who comes to our knit night did a pair of those and hers were big too. They are awfully cute though; hang on to them for when she grows into them.

3:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

---Or I can give them to the boy. He loves red.---

Oh yeah, cause that won't be scarring. At all.

8:23 PM  
Blogger Lapdog Creations said...

I agree with Gina - she'll grow in to them! Figure you're just a little ahead on birthday gifts!

2:24 PM  
Blogger NH Knitting Mama said...

They are so cute, Jackie! The way kids grow, she'll be wearing them in no time.

10:41 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home