Friday, April 13, 2007

lucky



My birthday is this coming Monday, and I got to celebrate early on Wednesday with my ManchVegas peeps. Here's some awesome birthday booty;

First of all, I'd like to introduce you to Little Jackie. Here she is modeling her very own Wicked Sweater, knit by lovely blogless Amanda and denim capris, knit by hottie Heather. She also has a beautiful Berroco Boho skirt, knit by beautiful Gina. A very enviable wardrobe.



Here we are modeling our matching sweaters. The blotches are on the mirror, not the sweater (note to self, clean mirror).



Lora gave me a gift certificate to JoAnn Fabric so I can start on some spring skirts that I'm planning to sew. I'll hopefully be posting that progress soon.

She also made me this beautiful card. It's so perfect.



Heather gave me this awesome skein of her hand-dyed merino/tencel in the Martian colorway. She knew I was lusting after this one. Simply gorgeous.



The group gave me four months (FOUR MONTHS!!) of Spunky Eclectic's sock club! Talk about the gift that keeps on giving! I'm so excited to see the first package.

Gina's gift included these beautiful hand knit socks:


Pattern: Gina's own design
Yarn: Cascade Fixation color 9916

I haven't taken them off.

Also from Gina, the stunning stitch markers from Zephyr at the top. They have the cutest little drinks on them (Old Fashioned, Cosmopolitan, Martini, and Strawberry Margarita) and one that says Happy Birthday Jackie love, Gina. That one is gracing my current project.

The markers are sitting on what may be, my favorite skein of yarn ever. It's handspun (by Gina) fingering weight Baby Alpaca and Merino wool with angelina in it, which gives it the most beautiful sparkle. There is no describing the beauty of this one, nor could I get a picture that appropriately shows this baby off. Here's one that comes kind of close: (click for big)



I don't know what to make with it. There are 356 yards here. I was thinking either a lacy scarf, or maybe a wrap. Pattern suggestions are more than welcome. I need to use this and drape myself in it every day.

I love it so much I went and collaged it.



Thank you all, I'm a lucky girl to be part of such a fabulous group!

7 Comments:

Blogger Lora said...

well You're a fabulous gal Jackie!! You deserve it all! Have a great birthday!

11:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What great friends you have! Everything is awesome. I especially love the Jackie doll!

Happy Birtday :)

12:27 PM  
Blogger Gina House said...

Whoa! My handspun (now yours) has it's own centerfold kinda thing! You'll HAVE to take pics for me for my Etsy shop...I loved your photos!

You DESERVE every single awesome thing you got..you all love our Jackie! Can't believe I've only known you a year!

I still love your mini Wicked sweater most. Amanda should friggin win an award for that one!

Loved this post!

1:00 PM  
Blogger yarnophiliac said...

We love you! You rock! I love the collage -- too cool, and OMG was that yarn soft.

7:43 PM  
Blogger Sonya said...

WOW! You hit the mother load. All other b-day presents will pale in comparison to such kniterly goodies.

3:57 AM  
Blogger Lapdog Creations said...

Happy Birthday Jackie!!! LOVE little jackie and her wardrobe and I'm envious of your Gina yarn... gorgeous!! Can't see what you knit with it!

4:00 PM  
Blogger NH Knitting Mama said...

Hope you had a great birthday, Jackie! You scored some great stuff!

9:21 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home