Monday, April 30, 2007

My first skirt!

I'm so excited.


Pattern: New Look 6843 view A

I'm a little embarrassed to have had to use a pattern for this skirt. It was a very easy shape and took less than an hour to do (including cutting time). I still need to hem it, but I think it came out great. It's light and skimmy and perfect for a spring skirt. This pattern will be used a few times.

In knitting news, I've completely abandoned the kid's cable pullover to knit some socks for Matt. These are coming along quickly and I hope to have them done by Wednesday so I can finish the pullover, so I can start Rusted Root. Whee.



Pattern is here.
Yarn is Regia crazy color 112

10 Comments:

Blogger Lora said...

That skirt is hot girlie!!!!!! Love the socks too.

11:17 AM  
Blogger SleepyEyes said...

Holy Cow!!! You made that in less than an hour? It looks fantastic on you!!! It looks similar to your new bag...it is to match? Coool!

12:01 PM  
Blogger Julie said...

Nice skirt; it looks great on you!

Love the socks, too.

3:09 PM  
Blogger Nichole said...

Love the skirt!
Wish I could sew...

3:45 PM  
Blogger Gigi said...

Stylin' skirt! It looks awesome.

6:58 PM  
Blogger Amanda1 said...

Wow, Jackie! That skirt is awesome! So what if you had to use a pattern... I still have to use a pattern for basic scarves. ha ha...

I like the colors of the socks.

6:58 PM  
Blogger Sonya said...

That skirt is the bomb! My sewing machine and I are not on speaking terms. I have several bags waiting for Lora to come back. Maybe she can patch things up with me and my sewing machine.

10:53 PM  
Blogger Kimberly said...

Great job on your skirt-I'm impressed that it's your first. The fabric is really pretty too.

4:54 AM  
Blogger yarnophiliac said...

ooo! what yarn are you using for Root? LOVE the skirt.

8:59 AM  
Anonymous jennifer said...

the skirt (and fabric!) is great - nice job and it's your first??? and i really like that headband in your previous post - cuteness! so glad to have found your blog!

3:08 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home