Monday, April 30, 2007

My first skirt!

I'm so excited.


Pattern: New Look 6843 view A

I'm a little embarrassed to have had to use a pattern for this skirt. It was a very easy shape and took less than an hour to do (including cutting time). I still need to hem it, but I think it came out great. It's light and skimmy and perfect for a spring skirt. This pattern will be used a few times.

In knitting news, I've completely abandoned the kid's cable pullover to knit some socks for Matt. These are coming along quickly and I hope to have them done by Wednesday so I can finish the pullover, so I can start Rusted Root. Whee.



Pattern is here.
Yarn is Regia crazy color 112

10 Comments:

Blogger Lora said...

That skirt is hot girlie!!!!!! Love the socks too.

11:17 AM  
Blogger Gina House said...

Holy Cow!!! You made that in less than an hour? It looks fantastic on you!!! It looks similar to your new bag...it is to match? Coool!

12:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice skirt; it looks great on you!

Love the socks, too.

3:09 PM  
Blogger Lapdog Creations said...

Love the skirt!
Wish I could sew...

3:45 PM  
Blogger Gigi said...

Stylin' skirt! It looks awesome.

6:58 PM  
Blogger NH Knitting Mama said...

Wow, Jackie! That skirt is awesome! So what if you had to use a pattern... I still have to use a pattern for basic scarves. ha ha...

I like the colors of the socks.

6:58 PM  
Blogger Sonya said...

That skirt is the bomb! My sewing machine and I are not on speaking terms. I have several bags waiting for Lora to come back. Maybe she can patch things up with me and my sewing machine.

10:53 PM  
Blogger Kimberly said...

Great job on your skirt-I'm impressed that it's your first. The fabric is really pretty too.

4:54 AM  
Blogger yarnophiliac said...

ooo! what yarn are you using for Root? LOVE the skirt.

8:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the skirt (and fabric!) is great - nice job and it's your first??? and i really like that headband in your previous post - cuteness! so glad to have found your blog!

3:08 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home