Friday, May 25, 2007

Massive Time Suck

but in a good way. Of course I'm talking about my newest obsession, Ravelry. if you haven't seen it yet, it's an online journal/ project and stash organizational tool/ bulletin board thingy. It's pretty awesome and I can't stay away.

Which is of course distracting my from my current knitting project, the Kid's Cable Sweater. I am currently doing the arms two at once on magic loop. I cannot for the life of me knit more than three rounds in a sitting. I didn't even knit it at all last Wednesday at knitting. I opted instead to knit the second slipper scuff out of the Lamb's Pride bulky. Man, I love Lamb's Pride. It's so soft and warm and I loved the feeling of the scuff pre-felting, but after, well lets just say these go into the loser pile. When I got the yarn at Sheep and Wool, there was only one skein of each color. I was going to do contrasting sole/ insteps before I realized that they're knit in one piece. So scratch that idea. Idea two was to knit each one a different color and do embroidery in the contrasting color. The problem is the two colors felted differently and one is a bit bigger than the other. I don't even want to bother at this point.

Back to the kid's sweater. I'm making this for the Boy knowing that he will not wear it until at least the fall. This is fine, I'm making it a bit bigger since I was hoping to get more than one season out of it. The issue is I know if I put it away until the fall it may not be picked up again. I have to plug away until it's done. No more side projects until this sweater is complete!

P.S., Socks Don't Count.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, of course socks don't count! Everyone knows that :)

12:40 PM  
Blogger Nikkiana said...

Oh poop. I was going to develop a site just like that in my spare time. And now there is one.

/me sulks off disappointedly.

4:02 PM  
Blogger NH Knitting Mama said...

I started building my Ravelry account a few weeks ago, and I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN! But, it is a lot of work... Fun to look around, too.

See you in a few weeks.

4:30 PM  
Blogger Gina House said...

Oh, that darn sweater!

I LOVE RAVELRY!!! I hope I can get that bag for it, too! It's like knitter's crack. Really.

Hugs to you!!!

7:08 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home