Thursday, July 12, 2007

When you give a 2 year old a camera... and WIPs

You get the most interesting photos. I'm not going to share the 20 photos of her feet, or the ceiling, or the back of her brother's head at a weird angle because they are all too out of focus. I will however share this, the last photo in the series. Obviously the last place she was playing with it because it's where I found it. God only knows how in this all this mess.



The kids' upstairs playroom. I used to pick up in here every day. Now I just close the door and hope for the best.

I've started two new projects and put aside the boy color tulip sweater. I saw my cousin over the weekend and I'm 90% sure she is having a girl baby. I will finish the boy sweater for another baby, but not this one.

The first new project is a striped cardigan for The Girl. It's based on The Basic Cardigan from Top Down for Toddlers with no collar, no eyelets, and worked at a bigger gauge. Other than that...



I'm using lion brand cotton ease for the first time. It's pretty damn awesome.

The second WIP is going to have to be done rather quickly. I'm working on the Montego Bay Scarf from Interweave Summer '07 to wear to a late summer wedding. I had an epiphany while considering the dress I'm going to wear, a sexy little number I've had in my closet for a while and never had the chance to wear. I recalled that the delicate blue floral silk overlay kind of matched the incredibly awesome handspun yarn that Gina gave me for my last birthday. I immediately ran upstairs, grabbed the dress, grabbed the yarn and viola! The perfect combination. This is a terrible photo, but gives the general idea:



I've finally captured the angelina sparkle in this photo. The yarn in person is so much prettier, but so freaking hard to photograph. (click to pic to see the sparkle)



Here it is all done up and lacy:

6 Comments:

Blogger Lapdog Creations said...

Love the sweater and the scarf! That Lion Cotton is pretty cool!

11:22 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Jackie, you got Gina to go camping. I've been trying to do that for 14 years. How did you do it?

-Ian

2:58 PM  
Blogger Gina House said...

I love the toy room pic!! Looks like my house!

And the sweater is soo adorable...I'll have to try that Lion Cotton Ease...felt very soft.

I'm so excited that you're using my handspun for the scarf. It's coming out beautiful!

Woo-hoo!

4:15 PM  
Blogger Jackie said...

In answer to Ian's question:

All you have to do is promise her knitting and girly talk.

5:07 PM  
Blogger Gigi said...

Oh the sweater is adorable! The scarf pictures just don't do it justice. You must model when it is done.

7:32 PM  
Blogger Lora said...

Camping!? Camping... did someone say Camping?

9:15 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home