Friday, June 22, 2007

Summertime, summertime

Happy first day of summer. Summer just so happens to be my second favorite season, spring being the first for the whole rebirth/ renewal thing. I love the heat, the sun, the kids being outside all the time.

We are leaving for our annual trip to the in-laws this week. My in-laws are amazing people. They're smart, funny and fun and they love my kids more than anything. My husband and I get a lot of alone time when we're at their house. "Hey, you guys should go see a movie/ go to a restaurant/ bowling/ and we'll watch the kids". Um, okay bye.

I also knit a lot there. I feel like I can actually sit and not feel guilty that I'm not playing with or paying attention to them (the kids) because the in-laws are monopolizing their time (so not complaining). Last year I knit the Angel Baby sweater in a couple of days because I had so much time. I knit the majority of it in the car on the way down (9 hours of knit time yay!) I was going to knit the Tulips Baby Cardigan on the way down there, but it's so fast I'm almost done. I just need to knit the sleeves and edging. This sweater is like a box of Cheeze-Its, I'm powerless to stop. My gauge is off since I'm subbing Knitpicks Swish, but I think it'll work better for a three-month old size (the pattern is 6-9 month). Here is the back:



So now I need to find something fast to knit in the car. I am planning a mini yarn crawl in the DC/MD/VA area, so I have something for the way back.

Socks are always good, right?

7 Comments:

Blogger Lapdog Creations said...

Oh... if you're anywhere near Williamsburg, go to Knitting Sisters! www.knittingsisters.com

11:36 AM  
Blogger Gina House said...

OMG...I'm dying, I'm dying!!!! It's absolutely GORGEOUS!!! I'm drooling on the keyboard.

You are so super fast with knitting that sweater! I can't wait to start mine.

We HAVE to switch our leftover yarns and make another one each, too.

You are so fantastic, Jackie!!!!

12:11 PM  
Blogger NH Knitting Mama said...

Have a great time on your trip, Jackie! I'm driving to VA tomorrow with my family, so I'll see ya on I-95! ha ha

12:42 PM  
Blogger Lora said...

OH Cute sweater!!!!!! Enjoy your vacation! See you when I get back.

1:14 PM  
Blogger Gigi said...

Oh that sweater is so CUTE! The colors you picked are working really well together. Have a wonderful vacation.

4:40 PM  
Blogger yarnslinger said...

Jackie, didn't you just cast on that sweater Wed nite? You are the fastest knitter I know, you have to show me how you do it!! I gotta win the lottery because this working for a livin' is cutting into my knitting time :o) Have a GREAT vacation - miss u already!!

8:27 PM  
Blogger yarnophiliac said...

Have fun! Tulip sweater looks great. How 'bout a pair of Monkey's in Martian?? (Man, I think /2 the group is traveling this weekend!)

8:11 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home