Monday, July 02, 2007

What I did on my summer vacation

Finished a baby sweater:



Details:
Pattern: The Tulip Baby Cardigan, by Dream in Color
Yarn: KnitPicks Swish Superwash Merino in nine colors
Started: Wednesday, June 20
Finished: Wednesday, June 27
For: First Cousin, once removed due in August (if it's a girl)

I love this pattern and I'm really glad I subbed the yarn. The Swish is so soft and the colors are beautiful. I started another baby sweater for the baby if it's a boy, but I think I'll try this one again with more boyish colors.

Let's see, what else did we do this past week?

Went to the Baltimore Aquarium:









Went to the National Zoo in Washington, DC:






We also visited with friends and I got to go to a few yarn shops. I got enough yarn for a new wallaby for the boy, a cute brown sweater for the girl, a boy baby sweater for the new cousin (if it's a boy) and some souvenir yarn. I love shopping with purpose.

6 Comments:

Blogger yarnophiliac said...

Flash the stash, girl! We wanna see the goods. Looks like you all had a great time, and I LOVE the Tulip baby sweater.

10:19 AM  
Blogger NH Knitting Mama said...

You did a great job on the sweater.

3:35 PM  
Blogger Gigi said...

The sweater is just lovely! I like how you used the same color at the end of the sleeves and the bottom of the sweater. Sounds like a great vacation. =-D

6:09 PM  
Blogger Gina House said...

OMGoodness, I love those pics of the kids!!! And your sweater, so cute! It's great how you can really pick any color combination you like and it's adorable. I love what you chose! Can't wait to see what yarn you got from your trip!

11:51 AM  
Blogger Lora said...

oh that sweater is so cute! Maybe I'll try and call you all at knitting tomorrow night if I remember. :)

5:32 PM  
Blogger Lapdog Creations said...

Great pics!

1:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home