Wednesday, August 01, 2007

King Lir

Or should that be Queen Lir? Anyhoo, I finally found my camera so here's a lace update:

The Children of the Lir Stole is about a third of the way done. I love this project. It is maybe the best newbie lace stole/shawl knitting project ever! I'm modifying it to further idiot-proof by knitting end to end instead of from the middle out. I've never been good the at provisional cast on and didn't even want to bother. I love that there's no edging to knit on after you're done. It's so simple.



I forget where I read this, but probably the best lace tip I've received is to write down each line on a separate index card, and flip when you complete that row. I haven't messed up yet.

7 Comments:

Blogger Nikkiana said...

Hmm.. That's a really good tip! I'll have to try that!

12:30 PM  
Blogger Lora said...

So that's why you had a stack of index cards last week :) Neat Tip

3:08 PM  
Blogger Gigi said...

Oooooo...The lace is looking lovely. Sigh. My mom likes the index card trick too. She used it for Clapotis until she got used to the repeats.

4:34 PM  
Blogger Lapdog Creations said...

LOVE it! And thanks for reminding me just why it was I bought those darn index cards that are tucked in my knitting corner... lol!

4:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I learned that card tip for cables when I took a class to make a Fisherman's Sweater. It had so much going on that the cards were a life saver!

7:13 PM  
Blogger yarnophiliac said...

(You def. don't want it to be Queen -- she was mean!) the stole is gorgeous and after reading youor post last night, I bought some 1/2 sized index cards. Here's hoping!

12:02 AM  
Blogger Gina House said...

That is gorgeous! I love it! Isn't it a great pattern? I think I'm going to make another shawl from that book. How's it feel???

9:25 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home