Friday, August 24, 2007

FO FO Friday

What? TWO finished objects? Surely you jest.

Nope, I actually finished not one, but two knitted items. First up, the top down baby raglan sweater:



I'm very pleased with the finished product.

You want some specs? Okay.

Pattern: Top Down Baby Raglan
For: Baby J
Started: Sunday, Aug. 19
Finished: Wednesday, Aug. 23
Yarn: Spunky Eclectic Beefy Sock Handpainted in the color "Good Morning"
Size 5 needle
Modifications: Seed stitch instead of ribbing, i-cord ties instead of buttons

An even quicker FO:



Please forgive the terrible picture. Here's the back story; This coming Sunday I'm throwing a bridal shower. I found the dress to wear on Wednesday, but after trying it on realized that it was a bit immodest for Sunday brunch at the yacht club (I'm serious people). Anyway, I needed a little something to cover my shoulders and realized that I have this little sweater in my queue to knit. I cast on Thursday morning and finished Thursday night. I even cleaned, took care of kids, and fed my family in between. Go chunky yarn!

Specs:
Pattern: Anthropologie-inspired Capelet by Peony Knits
For: me
Started and Finished: Thursday, Aug. 23
Yarn: Patons Shetland Chunky in Black
Size 11 needles
Modifications: None.

9 Comments:

Blogger Sonya said...

Both your FOs are wonderful.

2:53 PM  
Blogger Gigi said...

Wow! We should dub you the Queen of Kwick Knits! They are both beautiful. =-D

4:22 PM  
Blogger Lora said...

woo hoo!! quick knitting girlie!! both are cute!

6:33 PM  
Blogger yarnophiliac said...

ooo! ooo! That is in my queue, too! Darn it -- I have some lovely wool silk (Cascade Venezia) I was going to use to knit scarf for my sis, but I think it now has a new purpose -- besides, she should have hand dyed, right? RIGHT?!?!

8:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Both are beautiful,but I especially
like the capelet. It looks perfect on you. Marion

8:53 PM  
Blogger Lapdog Creations said...

You super speedy bee-atch!

Seriously though - love both!

2:38 PM  
Blogger Gina House said...

Wow!!! You look so pretty in your caplet! And the sweater came out oh, so adorable. That yarn was really perfect for that pattern. You're on a finishing streak! (wanna come finish some of MY projects??) he he

3:04 PM  
Blogger JenniferB said...

Nice! Don't you love knitting from the top-down?

2:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW - you are speedy. Both of those look adorable but I am partial to the black capelet. That is perfect!
Happy Knitting
Holly

11:06 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home