Monday, August 20, 2007

Can't. Stop.

For someone who has been somewhat a monogamous knitter, this is very unsettling. Not only have I not finished the six or so projects going on in the last post, I’ve started three more! Only one of them is actually justifiable, a baby sweater for my new little cousin born over the weekend. I was so sure he was going to be a girl, I only knit a girl sweater. I started a little boyish cardigan yesterday and have been faithfully working away on that. I hope to give it to my cousins this weekend.

Wanna see?



I'm using this pattern. It could not be simpler. I'm modifying it a bit by knitting the collar and button band in seed stitch, just because I find it adorable. Also, I'm not adding buttonholes. I'll add either ribbon or i-cord ties when it's done.

Oh, and the yarn is Spunky Eclectic's beefy sock in the colorway Good Morning.


Other new projects are:

Entrelac Scarf in Patons Soy Wool Stripes, color Natural Earth



Lora, why didn’t you warn me of the addiction that is Entrelac? Now I can see why it’s your ubiquitous project. Big fun.

Baby bibs in the new Lily striping cotton - one in green and one in blue.



Gina and I were discussing the wonder of the washcloth (or as The Girl calls it, warshcoif) and discovered the Lily striping cotton! Well, Gina being the intrepid explorer that she is, found some in AC Moore. Well, of course that prompted a trip for me. Not only did they have all new cottons in lovely shades, they also now have a shit-ton of new Patons yarn (among others). They now stock the SWS that I love and some new Moda Dea – the bamboo wool and a new silk and wool blend called, Silk ‘n Wool Blend (Genius!). I got one skein in a pretty shade called Sangria to swatch to see if it’s nice enough to knit The Girl a sweater in. I’ll report back later.

Oh wait, I did finish something. Two washcloths.

This one:



and this one:



The garterlac was my favorite and the one that prompted the girl to say "thank you for my warshcoif". Of course that's the one she wanted. It is pink. I'm going to start calling her Gina Jr.

I have also been working on the Wallaby for The Boy. I love how this yarn is pooling. I have the body done to the point where you join the sleeves, and one half of one sleeve done.



I managed to do one row of the Children of the Lir Stole. It was the purl row in case you were wondering. I think I need to be closer to the deadline in October to be motivated to move on this one.

6 Comments:

Blogger Sonya said...

Ok Jackie, you know have more WIPs than I do, and I had a lot!

3:44 PM  
Blogger Gina House said...

Holy, Holy Crap...look at that stuff! You've put my recent blog post to SHAME! Shame, I tell you!

The wallaby is such a great color....I love the pooling...and you're almost done...woo-hoo!

I love the flower/star-ish washcloth! That's my next one. I lurve it! Now I know why people are getting addicted to warshcoifs.

And, most importantly, I would be honored if you called the little one, Gina Jr. Maybe you should ask her first, though....he he.

Please. Bring. All. New. Yarns. To. Knitting.

Thank you.

4:30 PM  
Blogger Lora said...

Entrelac...just sucks you in doesn't it?!?!? LOL I'm going to have to pull my stole back out and finish it but AFTER the Bar Harbor Bag!!
I like warshcloths (that's southern talk) too!! I'm going to have to do somemore soon :)

7:31 PM  
Blogger Gigi said...

OMG Jackie, just looking at all the knitting goodness is overwhelming. I suppose, however, you won't run the risk of getting bored! LOL Love the yarn you picked for the baby sweater!

9:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW! I want to knit all the beauties you're knitting. Of course at the rate of one sweater a summer it will take me years. Marion

8:12 AM  
Blogger Lapdog Creations said...

LOVE the wallaby colors! And the baby sweater... thanks for the pattern link! :) Aren't the petal washcloths fun? I've got to try the entrelac one soon.

10:08 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home