Monday, September 10, 2007

Fait Accompli

Just a real quick FO: This adorable beret for the girl:



Pattern: Child's Play Beret by Laura Brown
Size: Child
Yarn: Moda Dea Silk 'n Wool Blend
Started: September 7
Finished: September 8

If I had it all to do again, I'd probably make it a bit bigger. The 8s were still in the Wallaby so I had to use some size 7s. I blocked it, and it seemed to fit, but I think it's still a bit small (she's got a wicked big head). I'm going to try and block it out bigger.

Still on the needles, the aforementioned Wallaby for the boy. I've attached the arms, and I'm on the raglan decreases. I haven't been knitting this one much. *yawn*

Also OTN, the Children of the Lir Stole for the October wedding. I'm trying to give this one my complete attention since it's less than a month away at this point. I'm about halfway done. I'll start really working it now. Here's an updated picture (I really hated that dark photo):


This color is all wrong, it's much darker in person.

And lastly, surprisingly this is my "mindless" knitting project. I never thought I'd consider Entrelac mindless, but it kind of is, once you're on one section. You can zone out and do that one section till it's done and you don't need to look at the pattern.



I'm using the Danica pattern from the Winter '05 Knitty, only I'm not changing colors. I'll let the yarn do that, thank you very much.

Or should I say merci beaucoup?

Oui.

6 Comments:

Blogger yarnophiliac said...

oooo-- what a great idea for the 2 balls of SWS Gina gave me! Do oyu think that will be enough for Danika? Also, love the beret -- great color, too.

12:23 PM  
Blogger Lora said...

awww cute girlie in the beret! Love your entrelac...gotta finish mine..gotta finish mine.. *sigh*

1:46 PM  
Blogger Lapdog Creations said...

Love the beret - she's adorable!

6:35 PM  
Blogger Gigi said...

Oo La La! How tres chic is the girl in that beret! The shawl is coming out beautifully. =-D

7:00 PM  
Blogger Laurin said...

uh, the girl is really going to love that you said she has a big head (someday, when she can read and if blogs are still around then...) but she is such a little cutie.

2:12 PM  
Blogger Sitcomgirl said...

I did Danica too with the SWS yarn (although mine was all pink tones) and I LOVE how much easier it is than changing yarns constantly. Plus that yarn is a dream to work with. I like the tones you are working with, perhaps it will motivate me to make another one!

10:53 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home