Tuesday, September 04, 2007

She did it!

I rolled the dice and put the girl to bed last night for the first time without a pull-up on. She had been staying dry at night for a while, so I figured that it was time. This morning we ran errands for a couple of hours with no accidents. My girl is officially potty trained. I wish I could take some credit, but she did it all on her own. I guess girls really are easier.

I also gave her a haircut for the first time. Here she is rockin' the Shirley Temple look.



Knitting? Yeah, I still knit. I'm at the point in the Boy's wallaby where I wish someone would just come over and knit it for me. This is when the project gets super boring, but before the point where you know that you're almost finished and get a surge of knitting for the homestretch. I have a great idea for a new reality show; WIP Swap. You trade a boring ongoing project with another knitter, knit on their boring-ass project for a while, then you realize that the project you loved is the one that was right in front of you the whole time and you just took it for granted. No? Maybe Fox would air it. They put a whole lotta crap on television.

10 Comments:

Blogger Sonya said...

She is just beautiful! Love the curls. Way to go big girl!

2:03 PM  
Blogger Lapdog Creations said...

WIP Swap - LOVE it! "stuck in a house for 120 days, these knitters will see what really makes their needles clank as they rescue each other's UFO's and vote each other out..."

She's adorable!

2:35 PM  
Blogger Kellie Huffman said...

Oh My! I love the swap idea. I think I would actually watch it if only to make myself feel better because I would NEVER take my WIP and UFO's for granted. Only that poor slob on tv would do that. Now where did I put that half finished afghan? oh yes, right here with my other 15 UFO's. hehe

Hey Nichole: do you think knitters could really vote each other off? hmmm, maybe if there was yarn at stake. The last one standing gets a shop's worth of fiber. Ya, I could see that. Sign me up.

3:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great picture - She's much cuter than Shirley Temple!

They'd have to send projects that are totally opposite of anything you'd ever actually knit, though. Just like on Wife Swap :-)

3:58 PM  
Blogger Gina House said...

I would buy cable just to see that show! Great idea! Will you be hosting it?

And the little one is ADORABLE!!! Oh, those curls! If only I had curls like that.....

Can't wait to see your Wallaby!

xoxxooo

4:00 PM  
Blogger Gigi said...

Hooray for the girl! Dry and adorable. =-D

6:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

She is cuter than a button! ... and she KNOWS it! ;)

6:55 PM  
Blogger Lora said...

Wanna trade a wallaby for an entrelac stole?? :):) We could be test contestants for the show LOL!

Oh my but that's a pretty little girl!

6:47 AM  
Blogger yarnophiliac said...

Ok, we should be totally geeky and do a You Tube video...hehehe
Riley rocks! What a cute do -- totally shows of that gorgeous smile.

9:01 AM  
Blogger Laurin said...

That kid is going to be a heartbreaker - look at those cheeks! And the curls might just be against the law - too much cute on one person.

I would swap too, but if I get too bored with a project I just put it in my crap-room and I can never find it again.

11:04 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home