Thursday, August 30, 2007

An FO, an update and some w(h)ine

I whipped up a couple of bibs for my new baby cousin Jack:



Aren't they adorable? I haven't sewn the buttons on yet because I'm terribly lazy. I used the pattern from Mason-Dixon and the yarn is the new Sugar -n Cream stripes. I loved the striping on the blue one but the green? Not so much. The stripes were too muted. I mean, it's cute and all, but you can hardly tell it's striped.

No pictures, but an update on the cotton wallaby I'm knitting for the boy. I've finished one sleeve and am up to the cuff on the second. I don't think I'm going to add a hood to this one either. I'm really bored with it, and I'm just trying to get it done at this point.

Now, for my whine:

My baby started first grade today. This isn't kindergarten anymore. This is a full day of school. He looked so small getting on the bus with the 4th and 5th grade boys.



Is it three o'clock yet?

9 Comments:

Blogger yarnophiliac said...

awwww -- my boy too! Jacob's day yesterday was great, and I know Carter's will be as well. love ya!

10:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can still remember crying all the way to work when Samm started 1st grade.

8:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The "Boy" is so cute, but I had wet eyes at the "is it three o'clock yet." That was a heart tug.

8:18 AM  
Blogger Sonya said...

I can't see the bibs.
He is a real cutie. Such a big boy!

12:31 PM  
Blogger Lapdog Creations said...

Look at the big boy all ready for school!
The bibs are adorable!

2:02 PM  
Blogger Gina House said...

Congratulations, Carter!!! And poor Jackie...believe me...I know how you feel. Big hugs : )

The bibs are adorable...love how they stripe! I'm giving my hands a break from the cotton knitting, but I'm looking forward to making the placemats out of the self striping soon.

Great job!

2:55 PM  
Blogger Laurin said...

awwww - that kid of yours has an awesome grin. I would chain him to a chair in your house until he was a teenager and hug im and kiss im and pat im on the head and call him George. (If you are REALLY old and watched cartoons as a kid, you'll know that quote and not think of me as a raving looney...)

7:40 PM  
Blogger Gigi said...

The bibs are adorable as is your boy! He looks so excited. Hang in there mom, you'll get to hear about all his wonderful adventures when he gets home. =-D

6:04 AM  
Blogger Lora said...

AW!!! He looks so excited!!

LMAO at Laurin's comment!! I remember hearing that but can't remember the cartoon, but I've said it myself a time or two.

11:51 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home