Thursday, September 27, 2007

The beauty of nature

Took the Girl to the Butterfly Place yesterday, where we got to see moths; (this guy was gigantic!)



butterflies;


(actually I think this one may have been a moth too)

and flowers;



I was unable to take a good picture of my favorite butterfly, it was mostly black with bright pink on its wings. It was fast too.

Here is a blurry approximation;



In knitting news, the Boy's wallaby is finally done. I'm so glad. I was getting really tired of this heavy cotton yarn. I love how it looks on him.



Details:

Pattern: The Wonderful Wallaby by Cottage Creations
Yarn: Plymouth Yarns Fantasy Naturale in color 9939
Started: 8/10/07
Finished: 9/27/07
Mods: I used a heavier worsted for this and ended up knitting the smaller size (4) on size 7 needles, and it's sized for a 6-7 year old.

4 Comments:

Blogger Sonya said...

The moth is kinda creepy. I bet he could eat lots and lots of wool Love the wallaby!

10:20 AM  
Blogger Lapdog Creations said...

Love the wallaby ... and your wonderful photography skills/details (leaves were a great prop!).
I need to get to the Butterfly place soon.....did you stop at Webs or Yankee Candle while you were out there?

10:31 AM  
Blogger Gina House said...

Oh, your pictures are GORGEOUS!!! I wish we'd been there. I've only heard fantastic things about the Butterfly Place.

The wallaby came out so cute! I love the pooling of the colors, too. You must be so relieved that it's done!

12:31 PM  
Blogger Gigi said...

Oh the Wallaby ROCKS! Great choice of yarn. =-D

8:27 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home