Friday, June 06, 2008

Cupcakes and memes

Okay, first the cupcakes. Last week was The Boy's 7th birthday. I don't really know how he just keeps getting older when I stay the same exact age. I made cupcakes for the class, because I always wanted to be the kind of mom that makes cupcakes for the class. You know the type? Yup. I want to be Mrs. Brady. It's not going to happen, of course. I think the polyester pantsuit would be too much.



The cupcakes are a start, anyway.

I was tagged by Gina for a meme so here:

1. What was I doing 10 years ago?
Nothing good. I was living by myself and going out partying (drinking and dancing) with my friends a lot. I thought it was pretty fun at the time. I was still a year away from meeting my hubbo.

2. What are 5 things on my TO-DO list for today?
Laundry, vacuum, make dinner, give the girl a bathie, pick up the boy from school, and go out to Friday Night Knitting Group <--yay! Oh, that's six. Well I still have to do them all.

3. Snacks I enjoy:
English muffin with cheese, cereal, nuts, fruit.

4. Things I would do if I were a billionaire:
Hire a full-time cleaning person and buy a vacation home. Make that two cleaning people.

5. Places I have lived:
Revere, Everett, Brighton
NH

6. Jobs I have had:
Admin. Assistant, Documentation Analyst, Human Resources Associate

7. Bloggers I am tagging for this MEME:
Julie
Gigi



There is knitting, just nothing really photographable. I knit one sock for the boy. It's the first in a series I'm calling the Summer of Boy Socks. I'm going to see how many pairs I can knit him before school starts up again. That boys just loves a handknit sock. I'm also plugging away on my Icarus shawl. I love this thing, and can't wait to finish, but damn the rows are getting long. Hopefully this weekend.

3 Comments:

Blogger Gina House said...

Okay, first...those cupcakes looks scrumptious. And, two, those snacks are WAY too healthy to list. Really.

Happy Birthday to the Big Boy and love the way his socks came out (I got to see them!). Can the Summer of Boy Socks -along (I'll do it with you!) include all socks you knit for your boy children AND your hubby?

Please don't say that it has to include my cat and bunny. Sorry...but those guys will just have to do without socks!

2:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Silly Gina; the cat and bunny have fur slippers, they don't need socks!

Mmmmm, yummy looking cupcakes. Happy Birthday to The Boy!

Fun meme; I'll do it in the next day or two.

12:06 AM  
Blogger Laurin said...

"I stay the same exact age"

yeah. uh huh.

me too.

me want cupcake.
cupcake good.

9:19 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home