Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Birthday Stuff

Wow, I'm a seriously lazy blogger. My birthday was now three weeks ago and I'm just getting around to posting the details. First of all, the Husband totally came through with a fantastic gift (after I sent the link and color preference) of my Hanne Falkenberg Mermaid Jacket kit. I've been wanting this since forever and it's probably going to take me another forever to knit it. (It's hard!)

Also, my knitter friends gifted me with some wonderful birthday stuff. My knitter friends rock.

The photo essay:

First of all, Gina came by on my birthday to deliver these beautiful tulips (my favorite flower) and to give me this stunning cashmere.





Here are the gifts laid out:



See that Superior there? Yeah, that's going to be a sexy scarf soon. Also this:

A mini-dishcloth in a frame from Lora:



It says "Love to knit with my friends" She also knit me a coffee sleeve and gave me a gift card to Starbucks. That girl knows me!



Wait, there's more:


(click to make it big -- it gets all sparkly)

Handspun merino with angelina by the fabulous Gina. Read about the process here. I've received Gina's handspun yarn two birthdays in a row. Talk about getting spoiled. Knowing the time, effort and love that goes into a gift like this makes picking the project for it all the harder. Last year was very serendipitous in that I had a wedding to go to and a dress that matched the yarn beautifully.

I'm going to let the yarn tell me again what it wishes to be.

3 Comments:

Blogger Lapdog Creations said...

I can't wait to see your Mermaid Jacket progress!!!

11:53 AM  
Blogger Lora said...

It was a fun time celebrating your birthday too Jackie!! You're a fun gal!

1:34 PM  
Blogger Gina House said...

So many wonderful things, Jackie!!! And it's only because YOU are so wonderful! I loved spinning that yarn for you and, strangely enough, I seem to spin my best when I'm doing it for your birthday. It's so exciting seeing how your Mermaid is coming along, too. It's amazing. After this, you'll be able to tell the difference between any shades of colors - your eyes will be so fine tuned. LOL! : )

1:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home