Monday, April 14, 2008

Swallowtail Shawl

A few weeks ago I decided to start a shawl as a end-of-year gift for The Boy's first grade teacher. I cast on for the Shetland Triangle with some beautiful red silky wool. After knitting for two weeks or so, I had to come to the conclusion that I didn't enjoy knitting it. I don't know if it was the pattern or what, but I was forcing myself to knit it. I couldn't have that much bad energy knit into a gift for my favorite teacher (so far), so I decided to frog and cast on a different shawl, in a different wool.

Ta-da!



This one only took seven days to knit, and was completely enjoyable from start to finish.

Details:

Pattern: Swallowtail Shawl, Evelyn Clark Fall 2006 Interweave
Yarn: Kauni EQ
Start: Thursday, April 3
Finish: Thursday, April 10

Edited to add: Knitting Daily just re-published the Swallowtail Shawl in The Top 5: The Best of Interweave Knits Readers' Choice Awards until May 14th. Go and get it while it's there.

This will probably be my last FO post for a while, since I've recently cast on the Mermaid Jacket! I've been dying to get this for a while, and the husband got me the kit for my birthday. It'll take a while, but I'm really enjoying it so far. I'll post some progress pics once I get a bit more done.

5 Comments:

Blogger Lora said...

The Shawl looks awesome!! Very bright and cheerful. Can't wait to see the famous Mermaid...I have not even seen a picture of what you're making! :)

1:25 PM  
Blogger yarnslinger said...

it's beautiful!!! please bring it to knitting Friday? And...you know, those rainbow colors...the teacher might be offended and think that you think she is gay...so maybe you should consider giving it to me instead? :-) xo

2:24 PM  
Blogger Sonya said...

It is gorgeous!
Melissa, we all like the colors of the rainbow. So no, she is not going to give it to you.
Nice try :)

9:30 AM  
Blogger Gina House said...

I can't tell you how much this shawl "wow-ed" me. The combination of the yarn, the fabulous knitting and the beautiful detail makes for one of the most impressive shawls I've seen knitted. That much be some teacher! Lucky her ; )

3:33 PM  
Blogger Kimberly said...

I love it-I can't believe it only took 7 days. Great job.

6:39 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home