Friday, December 14, 2007

Birthday, Christmas, Knitting

Okay, I've been busy. The Girl turned three this week. THREE. How did that happen?

It only takes a moment to go from here:



To here:



I'm enjoying every second of it. Here she's posing with one of my favorite toys. Her new Fisher Price dollhouse. It comes with a mom and dad and two twin babies; a boy and a girl. She's named the babies Bluey and Pinky, the Mom's name is Sweetie and the Dad is Cheatie. I love playing with this so much, but I worry about that dad.

I've been trying to do a little Christmas shopping here and there, but it's so hard with the kids. I think next year I'll start a bit earlier and do all my shopping online. The next week and a half will be pretty busy with parties and shopping, and my Mom-in-law coming on Tuesday, so may not have the chance to blog again until after the holiday. Of course, I have no hand knit presents, which disappoints me, but I'm not going to beat myself up over it. I'll have Matt's sweater done after Christmas. I was hoping to finish it up before, but that is just not going to happen. I have two sweaters planned after his; a skull and crossbones pullover for The Boy and a hoodie or cardigan for myself.

My one and only FO to show:



Pattern: Danica Scarf, Winter '05 Knitty
Yarn: Patons Soy Wool Stripes, Natural Earth - 3 skeins
Started: August (I put it down for a while)
Finished: December 13, 07


I was planning on knitting this for a gift, but changed my mind. The last time I saw this person, she had a beautiful scarf that she made herself (sewn) and I figure it wouldn't be worn. I have a second person in mind, but I really don't know her too well, and the wool is a bit scratchy. I'd hate for her not to wear it for that reason. I think I'll keep it instead.

8 Comments:

Blogger Lora said...

Awesome Scarf!! Cute "big" Girl. time does go too fast!!
OMG what's up with the daddy in the dollhouse?!? LMAO!!!!!! She cracks me up!

1:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to the little one! I remember buying my daughter a doll house and enjoying it so much (maybe more than she did).

The scarf is gorgeous!

6:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your daughter was a beautiful baby and is a beauiful 3 year oid. I love the scarf. Marion

8:09 PM  
Blogger Gigi said...

Happy Birthday little girl!

The scarf is beautiful! Clearly, it was meant to be yours... =-D

1:37 PM  
Blogger Gina House said...

OOOH, the scarf is awesome! You finished that SO fast, J!

The little one is so big now and I still want to pinch her cheeks like mad. Tell her I'm coming over to play with her dollhouse asap!

Such great pics....

6:46 PM  
Blogger Laurin said...

Had to laugh - my first thought when I read that you might not be able to blog for a while was that I had the real live Heather to enjoy anyway!!! neener neener neener!! (that's my gloating sounds, for the curious...)

see you soon!!!

8:58 PM  
Blogger Laurin said...

Just realized my mistake. As usual, the whole Jackie --> Heather continuum confuses the hello out of me. Plus, I have a good excuse - I am a little frazzled. Check out my blog for why.

But anyway, I get the real JACKIE!!! neener neener neener!!

9:02 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Haha! I nearly spit out my coffee when I read your daughter's naming.

I only did two handknit gifts for this xmas, but I don't feel too bad. I have lots of family birthdays in Jan/Feb/Mar so those people are getting handknits and it will give me more to commit to each one. :)

10:21 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home