Monday, October 29, 2007

Thanks, Guys.

First off, congratulations to my boys for winning the World Series AGAIN! Geez, twice in 90 years. A girl could get used to this. I had been knitting my Forest Canopy Shawl, but the last two days have been so nerve wracking I had to find something else to work on. I can't knit lace and watch championship baseball. Just don't have it in me. Instead I cast on for an adorable shrug for the girl to wear over her princess costume on Wednesday night. I was going to put a coat on her, but i think it's going to be warmish. She likes her "tintess sweater" so far. Plus, it's pink. I'll post a photo when it's done.

Here's the progress on the shawl so far:



And a lace detail:



I'm using Elsbeth Lavold Silky Wool in a dark forest green color. It's gorgeous. I wanted to have it finished for this weekend's knitting retreat to Grandview, but I don't think it's going to happen. I'll have to put it on hold, since I plan to start Cobblestone on the trip. I'll see how much I can get done between now and then.

Oh, and another quick FO; the Republic Hat.



Pattern: The Republic Hat, by Nik's Knits
Yarn: Aussi Wool bulky weight, color, sensuous grey

I loved working with this yarn. It was so soft and sproingy - perfect for a hat. Unfortunately it grew like mad when wet, so it's waaaaay too big on me now. I'll try felting it, I guess.

7 Comments:

Blogger yarnslinger said...

ok, in the not enough sleep department...I totally read "titless sweater" just then...thought you'd wanna know :-)

4:04 PM  
Blogger Gina House said...

The hat looks so cute on you! And the shawl is to die for...I love the way it's coming out....that yarn is so much softer and silkier than it looks. Great job, J!

5:27 PM  
Blogger Laurin said...

me-lisha... I did too! And I have had plenty of sleep. I think we need to hear more thegirlspeak to get fluent!

8:17 PM  
Blogger Sonya said...

Love the hat, can't wait to start mine.

10:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahem. That would be twice in fours years, three times in 90. 89, actually. Give our guys a little more credit ;)

4:57 PM  
Blogger Gigi said...

Oh, that shawl is coming out beautifully. Too bad you won't be bringing it to Grandview. I'm sure its even prettier in person.

5:41 PM  
Blogger Lora said...

LOVE THE HAT!! I'm on my second one (if I can find it) You look so sassy in yours!

9:34 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home